Ankur - Time of ur life

Discussion in 'IGT Soundtrack - Your Band, Your Gig, Your Music' started by Ankur_Scorpio, Mar 12, 2006.

1. Ankur_Scorpio

Ankur_Scorpio New Member

Hey Guys,

So i finally decided to post a song....its been a while. Listen to it and provide some feedback. If u have to be harsh then please follow that up with some good advice too. My voice, as usual, is not the thing to look forward to but i would appreciate a feedback on tht as well.

Warning: Its not the same as the original, expect some ankur modifications to it.

Finally, there's one error at the start of second paragraph of the song...ignore tht....i was bothered while recording :p:

https://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=504013

https://www.soundclick.com/bands/pageartist.cfm?bandID=504013

whichever link works.....

Ankur

2. itwasnoteasy

itwasnoteasy E chord humka dede Thakur

u've got a good voice. nice strumming.

3. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

Keep playing the guitar, stop singing. The strumming was very good, but the voice ruined it for me, i'm sorry, but it really was bad.....

4. sarang_cool

sarang_cool New Member

Hey nice try I must say....OK here are the commets...Dude, no hard feelings..I tried my best to be a constructive critic...I dun know how good it worked though...

1. The pace of the song is not uniform, you suddenly increased it near the first para

2. The strumming was nice, but I am sure you will make it better.

3. Singing, the first two lines were good but I felt you were lost from 0.43 to 1.10, I think you lost the scale during that time and then you got to the original scale back...:think:

Anyways, Nice try all in all but needs improvement....:beer:

5. sarang_cool

sarang_cool New Member

I beg to differ sir..... i dun agree with you...Only practice can make it better...no one was a born singer...you do hard work...you will get it... thats the key...no further comments....peace up..:beer:

6. d_ist_urb_ed

^Well, so then we agree to disagree?

7. akkyy21

akkyy21 #%@!$&

Dun give a fuk to anyone man Ankur,.. as u know i hv bee lissenin to each n every recording of yrs since the beginning,... n u know wat,........... this is 100 times better than yr 1st recording,... uv improved a lot on guitaring front dude, keep rolling. Hmm,. .abt singin, just try lissenin to the song enough times before recording, but over all definitely loads of improvement.

U gettin a rep buddy,... if i can.

8. sanju_strings

sanju_strings 50 Pai$e <3V/S<3 50 CeNt$

opinions r strange sum 1 says voice is gud sum1 says guitaring is gud sum 1 says stop singing :shock:

ankur i found it nice dude v all improve by practising

reps ;)

ps->read wat akky wrote in his first line thts wat i agree with :rock:

9. Ankur_Scorpio

Ankur_Scorpio New Member

@ itwasnoteasy - Thanks!!

@Disturbed - Dude...u couldnt tolerate me...one song...imagine how i torture my friends..who have to hear me...all the time :) .... wonder how they r still friends with me.:eek:: ..but in anycase thanks for the encouragement abt guitaring.

@ Sarang - Thanks buddy...tht's exactly the kinda of...critisism i was looking for....I heard my song over and i now know...wht mistakes i made....

Thanks for the support too...singing is my birthright...and i shall continue to do so....Giving up is not in my book...but i cant say the same for my listeners :p:

@ akkyy - Everytime i post a song...one reply from akkyy is always anticipated...u have always been very frank abt ur opinion....thanks for listning buddy!!

In ur roobaroo thread..u pushed me to post my recordings again.....and tht's why i have come up with this one....

Thanks for making my day.......

@ Sanju - Thanks man! Practise makes perfect....i agree :beer:

10. Acoustic_Allure

Acoustic_Allure New Member

Dude,

The guitaring is fine...vocals can definitely be improved. The main reason for a conflicting opinion here is that this song is not your original and so voice is compared. On a non-comparisional note, your effort is pretty creditable. Keep practising..one week down the line you'll have a better cover in front of you.
    Its the same with all beginners...keep rocking!

Cheers!

11. mr singh

mr singh New Member

ok... had a proper listen now, dont give up, ur almost there :)
    my advice is that in places the strumming can be a bit erratic (not sure if thats quite the rite word)... this i believe leads to you focussing more on ur playin than singin which i reckon u shud b focussin on...
    i suggest that stop singin 4 a while, and jus play the chords to urself.
    then play the chords, n hum along with the tune... not sing, hum...
    once u got the tune nicely in ur head, and under ur fingers, then start singin, 1 line at a time.
    aim to maybe hum a line then sing it, focussing on the singing, as ur strumming has already improved. this way, u can improve the whole song...
    gud luk, lemme no if it wrks :)

12. d_ist_urb_ed

^While i do not claim to have meant anything similar to mr singh's advice when i said stop singing, i do think think it'll help. And to all the guys who made abstract references to me being an extremely nasty person, when i said "stop singing" i did not expect the person to stop singing, but rather what i meant was to put a halt to something that did not come naturally but rather develop his better capability i.e strumming.
    @Ankur, dude, i'll give you this, if i ever posted a recording of me singing, i think i'd be banned from these forums, aight?

13. mr singh

mr singh New Member

^lol, disturbed, i aint disagreein wit u, but seriously ankur, work hard @ it, ur almost there... singin can be quite hard work, it does take time to b able 2 play fluently and sing @ the same time.

14. d_ist_urb_ed

Oh of course, i never said that you were disagreeing with me, i was rather saying that you put what i meant to say in a much more lucid form, thank you for that. And you know, if i were to compare myself to half of the guitarists here i think i'd kick myself out, singing and playing (however bad) simultaneously is an impossible skill for me, therein you're better than me Ankur, any comments that i make are only to put you in a better direction as i, a member of the audience, sees fit.

15. Bleeding Guitar

Bleeding Guitar New Member

i know its an old post but this suxxxxxxxxx :s

16. mr singh

mr singh New Member

^eh... wht???, elaborate please

17. d_ist_urb_ed

^@mr singh, Bleeding guitar is merely accentuating the fact that he has a stick up his B-hind. I recommend some Petroleum gel.

18. mr singh

mr singh New Member

^petroleum Gel, lol... neway, i g2g now, sleep is overpowering me, i must give in, cya

19. DJCrunkMix

DJCrunkMix Get crunked up!

My honest humble opinion:

1) Nice guitaring. Try practising the intro. You will definitely get it right. There are some breaks, ie, the timing is not right. But, its a matter of time .. you will get it ;)... Everything else is great about guitar :)

2) Now, the hard part. I myself suck @ singing. Its not that the voice is not good, but the tone/pitch is not right. Try practising along with the song. Then record just the strumming using Acid 4.0 or Soundforge and sing along with your own strumming. When you feel that the pitch/tone is right, record your vocals on a seperate track. I hope this helps... But never lose hope !! I am probably worse than you are ;)

Keep it up... reps coming your way...

PS - Do you have a metronome ?

20. Ankur_Scorpio

Ankur_Scorpio New Member

@ Allure - hmm..so u suggesting come up with own song...I didnt look at it this way..may be u r right....comparison is pulling me down :)

@ mr. Singh - tht's a really good advice...i am gonna try tht...asap! and let u know how i fair after following those instructions

@ Disturbed - DUDE!...u said wht u felt like...and i am grateful for tht....i would rather not live in dreams and be embarrased in public! so ur feedback is essential...as all other guys said, "Practise is the key" .