AnKiT - Sublime Diversity

Discussion in 'IGT Soundtrack - Your Band, Your Gig, Your Music' started by slipknot_555, Jul 25, 2009.

1. slipknot_555

slipknot_555 RuHH..

2. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

Didn't really sit well with me. The riff in the middle of the song seemed out of place. The lead guitar seemed a little, well, aimless.

Your lead guitar is lost in the mix. I can barely hear it over the rhythm guitar.

This is what I was listening to when I said your tones are brittle. The clean lead guitar is thin, and lacking compression IMO. The distortion is also very grainy, for lead guitar you'd want something fat and smooth. The rhythm guitar is swallowing all the instruments.

Again, just my opinion. Your playing technique is pretty good.

3. slipknot_555

slipknot_555 RuHH..

^^ thing is this all r "home recorded", nt in a studio.. so wht do i rec , i.e the tone which i hear n which is being played aftr recrdin is totally diff...although i have to EQ hard to get proper tone n mixed n considering i havent done ne sound engg ...the tracks might hv been diff if this all were studio work...
    thxsss..

4. thehundredthone

Through a microphone or through line in?

If you're recording through line in, you can monitor the input and change the patch accordingly. After recording, apply a high pass filter if you're not going through the amp. Put in some compression later if you like.

If it's through a cheap microphone (which it doesn't sound like it is) then there's not all that much that can be done but tweaking is still possible.

I don't want to argue, like I said it's just my opinion because you have a high end pedal. You don't need a degree in sound engineering or a studio to sound good.

5. slipknot_555

slipknot_555 RuHH..

well itz a normal mic..
    computer headphones !

6. thehundredthone

Ah okay. Why don't you try line in recording? Or does your GNX have a recording interface? You'll be more pleased with the results.

7. slipknot_555

slipknot_555 RuHH..

no interface...
    tried line in long back...sound didnt hit me much...newes will suurely sort this issue out...thxs..:beer: