Andy McKee - Drifting

Discussion in 'IGT Soundtrack - Your Band, Your Gig, Your Music' started by thehundredthone, Mar 7, 2011.

1. EvilSapphire

EvilSapphire New Member

Hi! I posted this on your channel at youtube,but I'm reposting it here too. You did an excellent job with this cover! BTW,are you using any kind of special technique to make the in-built mic in your guitar catch the sound of the percussive strokes on the guitar body? I'm planning to post a cover of drifting too,but I'm not yet sure if the in-built microphone of my electro-acoustic guitar can catch the sound of the percussive strokes. Thanks! :)

2. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

I used my laptop mic to record, so the percussive playing was picked up by the mic. If your acoustic has a microphone based pickup it will pick up the percussion just fine, in fact, the percussion may overpower the strings.

3. EvilSapphire

EvilSapphire New Member

Thanks for the answer. By laptop mic did you mean the webcam mic or something else? And what software did you use to record your playing? Audacity? I just found out that my guitar mic can't catch the percussive sound so I may have to adapt your technique to record my playing.