analog delays

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by Abhijeetbasu, Mar 27, 2005.

1. Abhijeetbasu

Abhijeetbasu TABBER

hello freinds

has anyone using analog delays here
    i want to buy one, but dont know which one is cheap and good
    can some one suggest ??
    thanks a lot
    abhijeet

2. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Analog Delay are pretty expensive. All Boss, Digitech and Rocktron delays are digital. If you want a good Analog Delay, then look at Maxon Delay. It must be costing around $250. Better go with Digital Delays if you want at a cheaper price.

3. Abhijeetbasu

Abhijeetbasu TABBER

Thanks Ronnie , how about Boss GT 6 or 8 then ?, any experience about the sound quality or ease of using ?

4. ronnieanand

The delay circuitry inside Boss GT6 or GT8 is still Digital. I dont have much ideas about processors. I use one AX1500G though but hardly meddle with it. I have one clean patch and one distortion patch with volume pedal tied to it. I mainly use it for practicing with a Metronome (The inbuilt one) and also as a tuner. I have heard and played on a GT6 and I was not impressed. It had a couple of pedal emulators of those pedals I owned at that time. GT6 sounded terribly stale in those pedal emulations. The ones I check were the MXR Distortion+ and Boss BD2 emulations. It's very sad that somebody would draw a conclusion about these two pedals after hearing the GT6 emulations of them. The real ones sound far different. I haven't check much of that processor except for these emulations and a couple of my friend's patches.

5. ronnieanand

Get a Rocktron Short Timer Delay. It's pretty cheap selling at aboutn $60 and it's awesome. Ask Ninad77. He tested it out recently too. I own that and it is awesome. It's better than any of the processor delays. I had a different opinion on delays till I hear good stomp box delays. This stuff is surely worth a try.

6. h4f0n

h4f0n New Member

If you want a good digital delay, as analog are really pricey, then check out the ibanez de7 or the digitech digidelay. They are really, REALLY good delays for the money they cost.
    And you're in Germany, so you can probably get them for under 100€