Amps, pedals and stuff

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by mrfreeze, Nov 6, 2005.

1. mrfreeze

mrfreeze The coolest one!!!

hey guys...
    i'm really confused.....i just got a fender electric....now i've to buy an amp

what all should i look for in an amp? like i wanna play some hard rock and some solo, like sweet child o mine solo and stuff.....so what all should i look for in my amp?

and what are these pedals and processors? do i really need them or are they just for the special effects?

and what all do i need to get the distorted, heavy metal sound..like metallica...and also the sustained notes as in most guitar solos?

guys...help me out, i know noone who can give me this info

.:SpY_GaMe:. likes this.
  2. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

First of all Congrats on the electric.

I'm guessing this is your first electric so i suggest you get a small but good amp.
    Preferably a Marshall MG10 or MG15.This is the only decent thing you can get at the price.

If you really want a good sound you can't depend on the amp alone so you would need a pedal or processor along with the amp. Basically what processors are is one device which can give you an array of sounds from crispy clean to Death metal dirty and all the stuff in between and also all the effects you'd need. I suggest buying some thing like Digitech RP-50 or RP80 or Zoom 505 II if you're interested in buying a processor.

You could just go to the shop and test the amp and processor you want and if you like it buy it. Best thing to do would be to go with a friend who knows something about guitars and he can help you out.

3. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

get a Roland Cube 15, its the best. The Indian Marshalls dont stand a chance against this monsterrr

4. taxyse

taxyse t3h.

oh god freeze...could have asked me..i live not more than 200 meteres from ur house..ha ha

5. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

oye freeze ...which Fender did ya get??

6. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

@sridhar.......man seriously the marshalls suck !!!!
    had tried the MG15 and then tried the Roland Cube 15.....!!
    the Roland completely overshadowed my pedals ( AMT Metalizer ) distortion.....but itz round 7 k !!........even itz bass , mid and treble are gud comparitively ( with the marshall )

@ mr freeze .....
    like if u doint hav a band ..and just play at home ...i recommend u take the Roland ...
    but if u do Gigs and all...then a pedal/processor wud come handy ..czo with a pedal/prcocessor u can hav the variations in distortion but u cant hav the same QUALITY of distortion ( depends on the AMP )

7. sridhar11_2

8. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

ahem i wud ! :p:

yeah but agree with u bout the price issue ....

9. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Marshall is pretty okay. You can get a 15W for 4.5K and Roland Cubes are pretty neat. If you were in Bangalore, I would have suggested you to go for Rondall Mini Stack. For processor forget the Zoom ones, they are pretty bad. Better go for Digitech RP80. That's far better.

10. jekyll

jekyll Banned

Me too :grin:

Rondall ... with 12" speakers :nw:

11. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

@Jekyll. Thanks <Blushes> :beer:

12. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

me gonna buy a roland cube 15

13. sridhar11_2

I dont have an amp right now but really wanted a tube amp.

14. jekyll

jekyll Banned

so u willing to deesh your AMT metallizer?

15. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

get lost! ! ! ! !.....:D...

but willing 2 deesh my STRANGER NS 30...want ? ? :p:

16. jekyll

jekyll Banned

alfons yaar ... in our colllege lingo "deesh" meant throw away ... (ask nebu)
    if that is the case i am ready to catch your stranger ... :grin:

but that means no money involved double :grin:

17. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

hehe..deesh also means to leave ie Hindi me jisse kahte hai 'katna'..these words have many uses:dance:

18. jekyll

jekyll Banned

:RollLol:

correct "deesh" was used in so many different contexts ...

well i'll deesh for a while now ...

19. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

kya bakwaas, yeh to max arbit hai!
    tum to ek bunch of frustu fighters ho!

20. jekyll

jekyll Banned

LMAO

i do believe that all the IITs have some sorta common lingo ... which is then spiced up by the local dialects and nuances ... depending on the place ...
    but still me thinks IITM is the most arcane .,..

now try to make out sense of this: i used put thadaal fight in my freshie years ... which became slisha less with progrssing months, and zeneraal poonding and cogging made me total zukkster ...

:RollLol:

hey I remeber that we used to have nice Tansen guitars at the music room ...
    fender strat copy ... blue n white colored ... must be around 9K ...