amplifier advice

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by radicalz_adi, May 28, 2006.

1. radicalz_adi

radicalz_adi New Member

will stranger cube40 give overdrive/distortion effect without pedal or do i need to go for a marshall

2. noxiouswinter

noxiouswinter New Member

i just brought a stranger cube 80. It dosen't have distortion or overdrive.
    Only effect it has is reverb. I use a boss DS-2 and OD-3 for distortion and
    overdrive. I don't know anything about marshall.

3. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

^ you are right when you say Cube 80 does not have distortion..and overdrive but has only reverb... But I think what Radicalz was asking......"if the Cube 40 would go into overdrive or disort, like a MARSHAll" ..... :)
    To ans your Q Radicalz ans is NO. The stranger wont... To get a MARSHALL OVERDIVE or DISTORTED TONE you need a MARSHALL. Also If you are reffering to the DISTORTION effect built in amps Then The Distortion Available on the Stranger Amps is not good.... I say go on for the Marshall if you want Distortion in your amps... I think the New STRANGER CUBE 40 & CUBE 80 have Distortion Built into it... But as i said earlier... Its not good....

P.S. Noxious ; I like your Pedals :)

4. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

Stranger 40 Cube didn't come with overdrive/distortion (without a pedal ofcourse).
    You can have an overdrive pedal along and try to make the combo sound like a Marshall.

However, Marshall has got its own ROAR!

5. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

^ +1 .. But I think the newer Cube 40 & cube 80 come with Distortion..... But yes .... The Marshall has its signature distortion...