Amp Suggestions.

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by crusaderindia, Dec 24, 2011.

1. crusaderindia

crusaderindia New Member

I am looking for an amplifier in the range of 10k with an output of atleast 30W. I am not looking for any modelling effects on it as i have a pedal and a processor. Any suggestions guys?
    Thanks.

2. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

Laney LX35R.

3. crusaderindia

crusaderindia New Member

thanks for the reply. I am confused between laney lx35r/ prism 35(both and 10 inch speakers), fender mustang II 40w(12 inch speaker) and laney hcm65 is available online for almost the same price. How is laney LR35 different from lx35 in terms of tone(Couldn't find it in any store)?

4. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

The Prism series has more digital effects if I'm not mistaken. The Fender Mustang is quite a good amp, as is the HCM65. Play your guitar through them and decide which one sounds better to you. The HCM65 will be bigger and heavier, keep that in mind. There's no real difference between the LR35 and LX35 as far as I know, except for the "Xtreme" switch on the crunch channel of LX which basically scoops the mid and has a more modern metal voicing.

5. mymusicmyguitar

mymusicmyguitar Active Member

The LX35R takes pedals really well...Comes for around 9k. There is also a laney AH series which go along well with the pedals...

6. crusaderindia

crusaderindia New Member

Thanks for the reply guys.

7. guitarplayer729

guitarplayer729 New Member

which 1 ur going to buy

8. crusaderindia

crusaderindia New Member

I still haven't checked out HCM 65. If its not going to be available here then i'll go with LX35.