Amp help

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by getimmersed, Dec 23, 2006.

1. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

@laneymaney: No, sadly I don't. I'm currently using a borrowed stranger cube 20. I won't buy one now... probably later sometime.

2. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

@rohit : maybe i could help you. I went to Dubai for two days during the summer and saw a few shops...i have their cards somewhere...all the music shops are in a place called "fish round about" . And no they didnt have laneys. There were peaveys and marshalls if i remember right.

@hundred : damn...thats sad...is it becuz u travel a lot?

3. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

No it's mainly because I suck :p:
    It's a pain buying a 30+ Watt amp and lugging it around. 15W cuts it for the bedroom but is useless for jamming. So for sucky bedroom sound I use hi-fi speaker, but have been able to borrow a Stranger Cube20 for a while.

Where will I travel a lot to though?

4. rohit

rohit New Member

@laneymaney-yeah i'll tell my friend of that place.he knows dubai very well.he said he knows all the shops.are the prices in dubai lower?my friend has not told me about the prices..
    need some info on peavey amps.any peavey fitting in my budget of 6-7k.

5. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

no use luggging an amp from dubai in my opinion...firstly, guitar prices arent that much less..actually the RR3 jackson is cheaper here than there....its about 30k here and it was much more in the Dubai music shop.

If u want Peavey amps i can hook u up with this guy who owns a tiny shop in bangalore...he's got all the peavey amps...even the JSX and XXX tube heads....bloody awesome...he's got a 10w TransTube amp for 5,500....thats the only price i know.

Cheers,
    Laney

6. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

dude why not get a Laney LX35R from India? its about 7600....my friend bought one 2 weeks ago...its frigging awesome...!!! check out www.laney.co.uk and www.bajaao.com for specs and shit.....

7. rohit

rohit New Member

i will check out lx35r.

8. getimmersed

getimmersed New Member

well people, i got a Kustom Cube, 15 W for Rs 1910..dont ask me why i dint buy a marshall, they didnt have any. they had a 30 W stranger for 4.4k but i stuck with this cos i didnt want to spend that much + i only need to practice.

the amp has builtin overdrive that roars even at 2/10 volume..... and high and low controls beside the volume... it gets seriously loud with drive... i love it!!!

im so happy...

9. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

cool! man! enjoy it and take a clip of the clean + overdrive and volumes please! i want to hear it!

10. getimmersed

getimmersed New Member

sure man as soon as possible...

11. rohit

rohit New Member

enjoy it.
    it's not expensive atleast.
    for practice it must be good.

12. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

thanks...u can use soundclick or youtube (if its a video) to upload! cheers...enjoy ur new gear!

13. Double Click

Double Click New Member

Who? PM his number. Where is this shop?

14. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

World Of Music (Ahmed A.K)
    all kinds of musical instruments

Shop No.25 , Imperial Shopping Centre,
    #81 , Residency Road , Bangalore - 560 025

Opposite that venky ******s shop

15. sanjivdas

sanjivdas New Member

Yeah speak to Aftab, he's a sweet guy, and gives you the best prices. I also saw a deadly Peavey amp there, it was an Ultima I think, had just come in, he did not even have a price that day. If you wanna speak with him call on 41126936. Even my RG321MH is from there. He quotes you about 1K lesser than other shops for guitars. I got my RG321MH for 17K in April, when it was going for 18.5 all around. Check the peavey out.

16. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

yea thats the guy...really nice dude...said if i bought the 10w peavey he'd give me a good discount....really good shop...they need better displaying abilities...they should display the Peaveys and more guitars..

17. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

How come i've never seen this shop man.....where is it?? Near Rhythms??

18. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Is this the one opposite Rhythm Musicals? I stopped going to Rhythms long ago, and never checked out this shop before.

19. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

yep its opposite that stupid rythms place....i hate rythms so bad.....

20. Double Click

Double Click New Member

Yup.. Very reasonable guys, they sell at decent prices. Most of the time we go to rythms and bargain for the lowest price, go to World Of Music get the lowest price and then go back to Rythms to get it for less :dance:

Never knew he had Peaveys in stock though.

I've never bought anything from there. Somehow, Rythms guy always gives me a good discount :beer: