Amp help

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by getimmersed, Dec 23, 2006.

1. getimmersed

getimmersed New Member

Hi everyone... I need to get my first amp. I play a gb&a guitar that i bought for rs 5500.... I'll be going to kozhikode(its in kerala) to get the amp on monday, so I need replies ASAP from you guys..

My budget is anything < rs 3500 /-. Let me know guys the BEST amp upto 3.5K that I can get with the best tone quality...

Thanks a lot...

Arjun

2. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

umm.......i think you should get the Laney LX12 (2850 + shipping to wherever u are) from bajaao.com. They currently dont have it but i they are getting it in the first week of january. I think that is an amp worth waiting for. If u dont want to wait i guess a Marshall 10CD wont kill anyone.

3. getimmersed

getimmersed New Member

Thanks for the reply man...

My dad ain't too keen on buying online, and I really can't wait, lol, so I might go for the Marshall.......10 watts is good enough for the bedroom right?

any other suggestions, please...

4. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

i donno...the marshalls aint that great u know...they just good....u maybe better off wid a 20W stranger..i donno

5. TheDevil

TheDevil Ruler of Hell

@laneymaney: ummm a 20 watt stranger better then a 10 watt marshal ?
    Its like saying a Maruti 800 is better then a, say Toyota Camry.

@getimmersed: Dude dont go after the name laney amps are quite good you know, and buying at bajaao isnt buying online per se....u have to contact them before placing an order with them to get the updated price and they ship it off.Its quite reliable i must add

6. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

srry devil...ur right...i did love the 2 years i had with my marshall..but as soon as i got my laney 50w , that love dissolved.. :p . Marshall is a darn good start off amp..so i take back my statement

7. radicalz_adi

radicalz_adi New Member

go for a marshall and yeah ull get a built in overdrive
    not in stranger...anyways stranger suck big time

8. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

yea......strangers do suck big time.....Marshall 10CD is a good choice dude...but Laney LX12 would be better (muhahahhahahaha...im so biased...lol)...seriously...i THINK (not sure) that u can get better cleans on the laney...

9. getimmersed

getimmersed New Member

thanks everyone!!!
    i kinda have my mind set on the Marshall... just wonderin if the store will have it? cos there are no stores nearby... so i will definitely be buying me regardless of if i really like the amp or not...

anyway thanks again...

pray for me, i will post about the amp after i get it here!!

10. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

good luck...just dont get ripped off. pay nothing more than 3k for it. Ive seen that piece of marshall going for 4k in places...just dont be a fool and fall for that :)

11. getimmersed

getimmersed New Member

hey ... ill be going to get the amp in 30 mins! I am so excited! were u guys excited when u were gonna get ur 1st amp?
    wat a stupid question, i guess everyone is...

if possible i will try n post the results of it today itself... or else tomorrow.

thanks again... laneymaney, devil, radical, u guyz rock!
    later...

12. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

dont worry....gear buys are more exciting than anything else in the world! just dont pay 4k for the amp dude....lol

13. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

I wouldn't know, I never got one :cry1:

14. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

u dont have an amp?

15. TheDevil

TheDevil Ruler of Hell

yea its verrrry exciting and quite a challange ;)

16. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

lol the first time i went to buy an amp....lol....i didnt know anything other than "smoke on the water" to play lol...tht was embaressing

17. rohit

rohit New Member

i am also getting my first amp.my friend is bringing it from dubai.

18. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

which one?

19. rohit

rohit New Member

Roland 20x Or 30x.

20. rohit

rohit New Member

i asked my friend to look for laney lx35r.
    but in dubai he could not find laney amps in any of shop.