Amp for sale (Marshall MG50 DFX)

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by Jimmy_Rage, Feb 4, 2010.

1. Jimmy_Rage

Jimmy_Rage New Member

I have a Marshall MG50DFX that I am interested in selling. It has two channels (clean/dirty) and digital FX like reverb, delay, chorus and flanger. It's in good condition, for a two year old amp. You're welcome to inspect it if you'd like.

Brand new, they're priced at Rs 20,500 right now on bajaao.com. PM me with a quote if you want to make an offer. I'll throw in a brand new footswitch for switching channels if you're interested, worth Rs 2,200 on bajaao.com.

- Jimmy Rage

2. my music

my music New Member

amp

i can offer Rs.4000 & i do not require footswitch. e mail me if u are interested at :vupreti63@gmail.com

3. Jimmy_Rage

Jimmy_Rage New Member

Sorry.... Not interested in your quotation....

- Jimmy Rage

4. flood

flood New Member

lol, i'm not surprised... 4k? that's pushing it.

5. unet

unet New Member

:D :D

This place is hilarious!

6. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

is Marshall MG50DFX still in production?

7. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

The MG4 series is the new line IIRC. I remember reading a review that MG50s had a problem with overheating and/or noisy fans.

8. Jimmy_Rage

Jimmy_Rage New Member

Retired? Still on the Marshall official site:
    w2w.marshallamps.com/product_range.asp?productCode=MG50DFX

(sorry about the 2 in the w2w... no links for me till 15 posts)

Here's an article on the amp from Guitar Buyer magazine... 9 out of 10 horns....
    w2w.marshallamps.com/downloads/files/Guitar%20Buyer%20MG50DFX.pdf

You can inspect the amp before buying... Hell, sit with it for half an hour for all I care, if you think it's going to blow up...

As far as negative reviews, I wouldn't rely on 13-year-old kids who play tube amplifiers to give me an honest review of anything... It was all I could afford at the time, so I bought it...

- Jimmy Rage

9. Jimmy_Rage

Jimmy_Rage New Member

No one interested? The price tag I had in mind is half the list price... Or a little lower! Not in the Rs 4000 range though, I apologise! :)

- Jimmy Rage

10. Harsh Kumar

Harsh Kumar The Official IGT Jester

8k...
    where you located?

11. Jimmy_Rage

Jimmy_Rage New Member

Hey man, based in New Delhi. But 8k is a little too low. If you're willing to revise your offer to Rs 9,750, I'll sell it, with the foot switch. That's less than half the list price on bajaao.com, minus another Rs 500. My best offer.

- Jimmy Rage

12. Harsh Kumar

nice offer,
    will think abt it,
    when i am in delhi,
    that will be may!!

13. Harsh Kumar

nd BTW bajaao prices are usually 1 to 2k more that what you buy it for from a regular store!!

14. Jimmy_Rage

Jimmy_Rage New Member

I'm not so sure... They seem to offer lower prices on a lot of their stuff as compared to stores like Bharat Music House and Bhargavas in New Delhi...

You're welcome to check out the amp when you come down in May :)

If anyone else is interested, it's still for sale! It being a 50-Watt amp with 1x12" Celestion speaker, FX loop, CD input and digital FX in good condition! See the review link posted above to read about the amp.

- Jimmy Rage

15. deepanbhowmick

deepanbhowmick New Member

hey jimmy I was trying to add you here .. went thru ur blogs and profile for ur band,,seems interesting .. my idea about music creattion quite similar what u hv written .. u need to be proffesinal when u create music not just think .... any way I am a classical trained singer and lead guitarist based in South Delhi . I run my own music school too ......hopin of keep in touch with you .......

and I might take the amp from you too....Can you pls tell me the quoted price pls . my ph no 9953171033

16. theedge

theedge New Member

Is the amp still on sale?

17. deepanbhowmick

deepanbhowmick New Member

het jimmy I STILL not got any reply man ....... r u intrsted in sellin ..if so u can msg ..wht I can offer u rite nw may not b able to offer after a month...... hp u undrstand ,,i am investing a lot in instrument to set up my school

18. Jimmy_Rage

Jimmy_Rage New Member

Ah jeez, sorry Deepak, I was away from this site for a long time, didn't see your post...

If anyone is interested about the amp, call me on +919871991974...

- Jimmy Rage

19. Jimmy_Rage

Jimmy_Rage New Member

I'm lowering my asking price Rs 9000... Hell, I'll go down to Rs 8750, but no less... Amp is in really good condition, sounds great and is going cheap.... Feel welcome to demo it on a Sunday. Reason for this 'distress' sale is an upgrade to a tube amp and the lack of space at my place... Please let your friends know!

Incidentally, if anyone is interested in buying two electric guitars for Rs 3,000, call me on 9871991974... One's a Givson and the other is a Gibtone (export Indian manufacturer like Tansen)... Keep one and give the other as a gift to a friend or bandmate... Both guitars have cases.

20. Jimmy_Rage

Jimmy_Rage New Member

Amp no longer for sale on account of the economic recession. Thanks!

- Jimmy Rage