American History X

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by d_ist_urb_ed, Jun 11, 2006.

1. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

I'm glad i finally got a chance to see this film. Changed the way i think. Discuss the film IF you have seen it. Please dont spam or make this a thread for propogating your personal vendettas.

2. aysh

aysh -|h3 ori9in4| (ui!aris-|-

the scene in which edward norton is walking against the dark background after shooting at the niggrs .. he looks God .

its my fav english movie definitely .

3. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

I see that the movie didnt have the intended effect on you.

4. aysh

no i could have talked abt other aspects of the movie also ..
    but just decided to keep my comments short

and niggers call themselver niggers , i didnt sin

5. akkyy21

akkyy21 #%@!$&

Its been long I have seen that movie. It sure is a very well directed movie. A kind of movie which cannot be easily forgotten, for me,... i was a lil disturbed wen i saw it.

Very few movies can be well balanced in all the aspects that its supposed to portray, I guess this is one of them. The frustration n insecurity of a white skinhead is put forward by Norton in the most best possible way. The whole thing of racism coming back n biting him in the ass, though showed in a very grewsome manner, it hits the point hard enough.

All in all, awesome movie!!

@ nemo : yeah the look in Norton's eyes through out the scene is worth watchin again n again, isnt it? First he is fearless, kind of doesnt understand wat he is doing n bashes those niggers to death. N then wen he looks at his bro,..... the look suddenly changes. Norton ROCKS man!

6. aysh

so true dude ... of whatever ive seen of him in his films .. he essays his roles with amazing degree of authenticity ...

and no he doesnt look fearless in that scene .... he almost evokes fear and awe :nw:

look at the built he has sported in this film