Am Officially a friggin Doc now !!!!!

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by DrSaurabh, Sep 19, 2005.

1. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

@ dennis.mooooooooooooo to u too:grin:
    @LoE am doin it at the same place i got my degree from
    DY Patil mumbai

2. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

sharp and discontinous...shooting pain

more at night

for a week

It goes away with a dispirin

I dont think it does increase on lying down

Cold food makes me scream in agony

It woke me up once

:'(

3. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

hmm.....havent seen the tooth yet...but can recommend an X-ray based on the symptoms..coz looks like u might be near a borderline case of Root canal treatment.....mebbe we can save it from an RC mebe we cant..the X ray will tell...
    does it hurt when u bite on it or when u tap it?
    anyway..go to a dentist near you soon...otherwise the borderline RCT might turn into a sureshot RCT....
    :grin:

4. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

I'm going tomorrow...today was a stupid transport strike. It hurts a bit when I tap it.

So what is this root canal thingie?

And I always thought you were younger than me :think:

5. shak

shak Harrr!

doc is it ok to scratch off the yellow nagging bits of your teeth using needle? cuz i have been doin that too scrape of my plaque!!! it works!
    (i know u'll go on saying tht i am destroyin my enamel .. my dentist says that too .. )

6. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

u keepdoin that for long enuf a time u will.......try goin for scaling on a regular basis...say once every 6 months and then brush twice a day........
    that helps
    the needle thingy more than the enamel u run the risk of slipping and hurting ur gums and that aint pretty.....

7. LEFTY_GUITARIST

LEFTY_GUITARIST -= M®. §öU†|-|ÞäW =-

how long shld we brush our teeth??? 3 min/2min/10min/30 sec.............. etc.

8. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

the ideal method of brushing:
    the brush head should be at an angle of 45 degrees to the teeth...with the tip of the bristles inclined towards the root.....
    a part of the bristles should be on the gums, a very small part.
    brushing should be done with horizontal strokes....taking groups of 3-4 teeth, and about 20 strokes before moving on to the next set of 3-4 teeth such that one tooth from the previous set overlaps in the current set....and 20 more sets.
    this is to be repeated till all the teeth uper and lower are done on the inside and outside.
    that having said....just horzontal strokes are no enuf...usually its better to use vertical strokes as well.
    after all this the time comes to around 3-4 mins....
    so go have a ball.
    one more thing, tho research says that manual and powerbrushes are equally efficient (controversial research, very debatable) am more inclined to the belief that power burshes are definately more efficient, and that is from personal experience.

PS.Lefty...boring is spelled as B-O-R-I-N-G, not as B-O-A-R-I-N-G. :grin:

9. shak

shak Harrr!

what are the teeth at front called? (like canines, molars blah blah)

10. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

ehehe......psssssst - i have 2 genuine dragula teeth wid me most ofte nnoticable while laughing:grin:.....what do U call that??....the doctors/dentists say those 2 are extra teeth and are bigger than normal ***** teeth...but wouldnt cause any problem so there is no need to pluck them out as well.....plus i escaped from wearing a bracis!:grin:

11. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

@srk.....incisors...........

12. LEFTY_GUITARIST

LEFTY_GUITARIST -= M®. §öU†|-|ÞäW =-

^^^^^^^^thnx doc. .............................