Am new to Acoustic Guitar.. Need Help with finding decent Fingerpicks

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by Bandidas, Apr 9, 2009.

1. Bandidas

Bandidas New Member

Hi,

Am new to learning the guitar. My instructor is teaching me (as per my wishes) western, jazz etc. But he is insisting that I use the Plectrum which is hard for me.

I would love to use my fingers, but they are on the softer side. Does anyone have any information about fingerpicks/thumbpicks available in India (Mumbai maybe??)?

I have read that some people do not like to use metal fingerpicks, and I respect that, but maybe I can get some plastic one's or brass/copper plated ones. I urgently need someone to tell me if I can find these in India.

Dunlop makes them. What I am looking for is something like this: https://www.juststrings.com/heaviesth...cessories.html

Also, someone was suggesting that I use Sitar picks instead. These are of metal and I am sure that that would spoil my guitar (A Gibson).

2. subhadipm

subhadipm New Member

Dunlop has some of these

3. wylder

wylder Member

Finger picking is hard initially but you should get used to it with time. Picking with your fingers directly can give you a lot more control than with the use of finger pick as you can make much finer movements.

I had a tough time especially when I was picking up bass guitar as my fingers were pretty soft and used to get blisters all the time (I was in 9th grade then). But your fingertips will harden over a couple of months n you'll be fine..