All the Converts, Ugly ppl, Bass-tards Unite here.

Discussion in 'IGT Soundtrack - Your Band, Your Gig, Your Music' started by Nanda, Oct 10, 2005.

1. jekyll

jekyll Banned

Bass is more diff to learn than guitar ...

guitar strings are thinner + the frets are also closer

usually all the ppl first practice on guitar n then graduate to bass ...

2. chintan9

chintan9 yay! i won the ipod!

Oh and another thing , If you are a bassy and your into metal then listen to this guy Roger Patterson. He was the bassist of a Technical Jazz death metal band called Atheist, he died (car accident)after their first album. EASILY THE BEST METAL BASSY EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am not exaggerating.

3. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

naah>....im not into death metal n suff......but will check 'em out soon!

4. chintan9

chintan9 yay! i won the ipod!

no dude this aint as heavy as you think. its this brilliant mix of jazz and metal. very good stuff. Check out their other album Elements. Sheer brilliance. These guys were apparently so ahead of time that they were booed out of stage quite a few times. Veterans like cannibal corpse, death, morbid angel etc also found atheist to be too technical to digest. But whats ironic is that these bands later took up technical death metal like Atheist.

5. Mr. Scary

Mr. Scary Bass-tard Child

Hey you watch what you say to me, or somebody's gonna get hurt real bad....somebody!

I play a Washburn Force 5 (5 string bass) temporarily through a borrowed Fender 65 watt bass amp...i hope to get an ampeg for myself real soon.

Well i picked up bass during the winter break of last year, and didnt realize it was the right instrument till few months ago.

6. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

whats a tecxh jazz death metal band??
    ...phri uske baad we will have classical punk thrash metal band and nu prog doom pop

7. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

the bass is cool,...funky

8. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

Tech metal is usually as complex or even more complex than prog metal. So its seriously recommendable.

9. Mr. Scary

Mr. Scary Bass-tard Child

^True dat nigga.

10. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Do you represent any general public body. You just voice out your opinion. Most people you came across who told you to quit bass are all idiots. Confirmed idiots and you can safely ignore them. Most people you come across will also tell you Bollywood rocks and Rock music sucks. If you gonna listen to all of them mmmmm.. :shock:

11. jekyll

jekyll Banned

:rock:
    yeah absolutly ...

rock music is balls ... bolly music rocks ... :rock:

:drunk:

12. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

^^STFU.........rock music rulez!.....and da bassist share a equal role in it....its da grove factor indeed!:mad:

13. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

chill dude....tht was a sarcastic.......

14. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

ok ok.......i took it seriously!

15. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

yeah dude...bass players do rock!!

16. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

What? Oh yeah and i forgot, its intensive; just a bit, but get over it...

17. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

Hey7 this thread was created with an intention ... Just like a Mumbai or Bengali or Bangalore thread ..
    But it has others posting than the bassys !!!!!!