All the Converts, Ugly ppl, Bass-tards Unite here.

Discussion in 'IGT Soundtrack - Your Band, Your Gig, Your Music' started by Nanda, Oct 10, 2005.

1. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

Hey .. Just wanted to make a thread for bassys ... so that we can exchange ideas and info on bass playing ...
    Bassys are noramlly converts ... and they are the ugliest members of the band we know that ...

So can the fellow bassys tell wht they were wht they wanted to become and how they ended up being bassys... wht gear they have and wht grear they wul love to have .. and wht they think of other bassys etc ....

2. bobbit_uncut

bobbit_uncut Banned

Yeah me here :p:
    everything u said is true n applies to me

U forgot to add one more thing - i suck so much at guitar playing that i end up with bass :cry1: or rather everyone forces me to take up the bass, tell me how to get even with those people :cry2:

3. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

Be a Billy Shean .. Have u seen him rip Paul gilberts case !!!!!

4. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

What crap. Bass is such a great instrument. If all you have heard in bass is some Dandada Dandada Dandada, then you are in the right track of sucking in guitar and picking up bass. :beer:

Hear things like Neil Murray, Jimmy Bain, Roger Glover, John Paul Jones and these are no ordinary guys. Hear to Paul Mc Cartney playing bass in Beatles. Hear good stuffs before you crib about being a bassy. :mad:

If any one of feel that bassists is the ugliest member of the band, it's not because of your instrument, it's because of your playing. Stop lamenting, go home and practice.

5. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

@bobit - do u really think bass is a crap instrument to end up wid??......its really cool.....i dun mind picking up bass but the problem is i cant do finger picking;)
    i love the slap rhythmn in bass guitars!

6. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

@nanda - lol.....i can see you have created bass threads in 3 to 4 forums!:p:

7. ronnieanand

I love playing chords and solos in bass. When I play bass sometimes, I usually treat it like a guitar. I do a lot of bends, vibratos and play some blues licks. Some funky Slap and Pop here and there on a rock n roll style. I love the instrument. When we jam, I always put the bass volume very loud and all the other guys crib that they didn't hear anything but the bass.

8. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

^^ dude! thats what i call confession of an evil mind!

9. ronnieanand

What confession ??? What Evil Mind ??? :think: :think:

10. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

turning up the bass loud above the guitars!:p:

11. ronnieanand

Only for the Rhythm section. Hear Mr.Big or Primus. That's how they do it. I like it that way. But for solos I am the loudest.

12. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

do u plan to break some glass wid your bass?

13. ronnieanand

Solos mean when I play the Lead Solos in Electric Guitar. Not on bass. I dont play bass in the band. I play the guitars. I play the bass when no one is around. It's actually my bassist's volume which is kept loud by me. Nanda the author of this thread is my bassy by the way. I think that was a serious and funny confusion.

14. chintan9

chintan9 yay! i won the ipod!

If you think being a bass player sucks then think again.
    1) A Bass player makes the band sound full.
    2) A bass player is a living breathing Drum monitor(a drummers best friend)
    3) A bass player keeps the band tight.
    4) A bass player brings in the 'Groove element', especially when he/she grooves with the Drummer.
    5) A bass player sounds good when he follows the guitars(steve digorgio). A bass player sounds good when he follows the drums(stu hamm). A bass player sounds good when he follows nothing at all( think jaco Pastorius, Billy Sheehan).
    6) A bass player always spends the least(in relation to equipment)
    7) A bass player unlike a guitarist never has competition(you usually never have two bassists in a band).
    8) last but not the least a bass player is the only one stupid enough to hate being himself;)

15. abhimanjrekar

abhimanjrekar ----> Zhol-Man<----

im a bassy for my band for english songs..and lead guitarist for hindi songs.......lollz...2 in 1

16. ronnieanand

Never truer. :nw:

17. jekyll

jekyll Banned

well i love the bass, i remember being forced into playing the bass once at college,
    but u know what i loved it ... especially once u turn up the vol, it doens pierce your ears but rattles your whole body n believe me i felt that it was influencing my heart beats also ...

anyway i played on some RFCP songs ... and RHCP without bass is like fish without water ... :grin:
    so i was the champion there
    :rock:

bass is cool ... a band can live without guitar ... but not without bass ... and the best thing is bass is a must in any genre of music ...
    but guitar ? ... well it is very limited ...

18. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

Flea .. Is tht the name ?? he is cool .. I dint say i hate playing bass.... But i've come across ppl telling me .. Maga whts the problem with you ... u r playing bass .. nothing much in it .. I like the instrument ... But wht i mentioned is the opinion of the general public ...

19. jekyll

jekyll Banned

thats true Macha...

same i could say for guitar also ... coz ppl rate saxophone higher than taht ... :grin:
    infact nothign can beat singing .. .so all the instruments suck ..

the best is: ignore ppl ... :grin:

20. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

is bass diff to learn ?? :confused: