All LUCKY ALI fans- vote for his best album

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by ak&guitar, Sep 25, 2005.

1. ak&guitar

ak&guitar THE INNER VOICE

hey all...........if u are lucky ali fan then plz tell me which ones ur fav lucky ali album and why ?
    the albums.sunoh ,sifar,aks,kabhi aisa lagta hai.

u can also tell us about ur fav lucky ali song..........mine is maut which he sung in kaante the movie - great lyrics and a haunting tune. :beer:

-----------------
    a : k

2. sayanakaharry

sayanakaharry Forum Leader

surprised to see so little response. in my opinion, lucky ali is one of the best things to happen to indian music. his talent is severely underappreciated.
    well, my fave album is SIFAR
    and my fave songs are O SANAM, and DIL AISE NA SAMAJHNA (glorious use of carnatic violin)

3. ak&guitar

yeah man me also surpriced..........i think lucky ali is one of the most intelligent and sensible artists of india..........and nice taste there man.........and dil aise is one off my favs too.

but did u know all the magic in the music is created by a guy called mike mccleary.
    so shameful that ppl dont even know him..........he does all the sound eng. and arrangements,,, and also helps in compositions..........but no says a word abut this guy.

4. rizaaj

rizaaj Forum Leader

woo lucky ali.. i like his song... specially his voice... when he sings it seems like multiple voices comin out .. is that effect or its his natural voice...

5. ak&guitar

YEAH dude

sometimes those are effects...........or as one should say it -=" BAcking vocals"
    has anyone heard lucky ali live????? :p:

i know he has a great voice but he aint a fab siger - ask anyone who can judge if someone goes off-note will singing............... then he'll surely tell u that lucky ali does that tooo.

6. sayanakaharry

@riyaaz

what de often does is that records the same song twice (that means sings it twice) and overlaps the two recordings.

@ak&guitar

ya man he goes off like hell in those live gigs. anyway he is fantastic. everyone has defects.
    and by the way, yea i know about mike mccleary. he also plays guitar for him. his absolutely FANTASTIC handiwork is there is Milegi Milegi Manzil(Sunoh) and Sandesh (Aks).

7. ak&guitar

to sayanakaharry........

yeah men nice obesrvation dude........and yeah mike done some grte work in millegi meli and sandesh............did u know the song sandesh (aks) is written by sandesh & the so mehboob in aks is written by mehboob!!!!!!!!!!!!

wierd strange but true........huh.......

8. sayanakaharry

yeah got that when i looked at the Aks casette inlays. and what fantastic use of haunting Irish melodies in the song "aks". he really is a genius.

9. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

where is da poll for voting??

10. sayanakaharry

@ak

okay man add a poll.

11. ak&guitar

i tried to yaar..........but it didnt happen...............can i do it now..............someone tell me how?

12. sayanakaharry

dunno. but i think its supposed to be available to the person who starts the thread. others please help.

13. vaggt1

vaggt1 New Member

Thanks a:K for starting this thread.
    I love Lucky Ali. He absolutely rocks!! His songs are very soulful..He has a deep voice which touches your heart...When you are depressed or sad you should listen to his songs, it will make you happy.
    It is so hard to tell which one of his album/song is the best coz in my opinion all his songs and albums are the best. O sanam, Sunoh, nahi rakhata dil me kuch, dekha hai aisi bhi, teri yadden aati hai, dil aise na samazana, kitani hasin zindagi..... maannn the list just goes onnnn.................
    He is THE BEST !!!! Someday I want to see him performing live...I want to have my guitar autographed by him....

14. nik_bokacheley

nik_bokacheley :help: I'm a mad :sadbye:

Ek PAL ka Jina..is a mast song..:)

nIK!!:nw:

15. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

^^ yeah man!that rocks....especially in those filmi days!

16. ak&guitar

@vaggt1..........u remind me of meself a year ago.......or u can say i'm still a bit like that.......i have been so touched by his songs that today also they bring thjis starnge feeling in me...........his voice,his music has got something in it.......that just makes u forget the world and it absorbs u into the music........

but then i heard him live,, he's a bad singer man........ probably u'll cahnge ur mind if u hear him live.......listen to the cds yaar........u wont find that magic anywhere else. not even live.......it s something that has happend and will never happen again.....

p,s:what is lucky doin :mad: .........going around doin movies like the one he did with dat slut meera.

17. vaggt1

vaggt1 New Member

Hey a : K, hey when did u hear him live? Is he planning to perform live anywhere in US?? maan I can travel anywhere in US to see him performing live....but yes i too heard that he is not that good when he plays live...and yes his voice music has magic, very few in indian music industry have that talent... lately he celebrated his 45th birthday on 19th sep...His movie Kasak was a big flop, i don't know why he even does such type of movies...he is working on another movie called Vivash.....I'm not aware if he is working on any music album...may be not...i heard rumors that he has now stopped sigining??? don't know...as he always says he listens to his heart, so may be someday he will start singing again......

18. ak&guitar

Vaggt1 , i dont think he has stopped singing. i hear of rumors that he is working on his final album called "IXUI" (whatever that means). and i hope this movie u r talkin about(vivash) doesnt turn out to be like kasak...................
    i heard him in the AIDS awarnesss concert last year and also at the PLZ vote concert . i cudnt believe he was so bad :shocked: .........even i cud sing better than that........

but i think his voice does it all yaar........it has somehthing in it........honesty,truth, sincerity , drugs or whatever it may be..............

P.S: i hope he comes to u.s so that u can make ur dream come tru....best of luck for that:rock:

19. sayanakaharry

@vaggt1

now one word of caution. if you see him live u may become depressed, coz he's really "besura" live. :) but he is FANTASTIC anyway, so who cares?

20. himika9

himika9 !!!WANNA B ROCKSTAR!!!

i think "kabhi aisa lagta hai" is a very nice song...and most of the songs from that album are very very cool...i never got a chance to hear sifar...so cant tell bout that!!!!!