All IT Idiots Help Me

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by ronnieanand, Nov 11, 2005.

1. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

I am addicted to the Net. Help me :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw:

The regular problem of all the useless existence of IT Engineers. We dont have brains, we dont have jobs, we have to sit idle all day looking at a stupid PC :mad: :mad: . Life is so stressed out because excessive boredom in office. How do you guys manage your free time in office. Weekends are so damn interesting and busy. Help plzz :nw: :nw:

2. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

ahem...

well even im an IT Idiot :beer:

Free time in office, I carry books and read them. Or write some crap. Start a blog and fill it daily. This will keep u away from sometime.

Walk upto someplace with colleagues. Be a little active.

On the net read anything from wikipedia. Nice place for timepass.

3. abhijitnath

abhijitnath Fighting GAS frantically

Do an MBA
    The jobs after that will be as dull but will pay twice as much, thus making your weekends twice as interesting!

4. ronnieanand

We are all idiots :beer: :beer: :beer: . Dont take this pride for yourself alone.

5. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

Do something that you like. I am quitting in few months (after i get my project incentive ;) )
    and joining a games development firm, probab as a tester and then migrate to a designers place. Part time I will be doing film-making and stuff. Might have to strggle initially but as long as my stomach doesnt meet my spine and im having fun at work its good. And the prospects are bright in the future.

If ur into management, go for it.

6. abhijitnath

I'm doing this nonsense only so I can leave in 10 years time and become a fulltime musician....in India you can't sustain yourself doing music alone.
    Why else would I be working till 1 in the morning every day?
    But Wizard...I really admire your guts in doing what you love. My girlfriend's a filmmaker...if you want fundae you can speak to her:)

7. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

Thanks a lot buddy, i'll appreciate any help with that since I dont have any previous experience.

What kinda stuff is she into? I mean I am interested in short films, documentaries, music videos and adaptations.

8. ronnieanand

Me wants to be a full time musician. Own a Music store, have a studio and then a rental jam room and stuffs like that. Everything totally related to Music. :beer: :rock:

9. abhijitnath

She works with an ad film maker right now...have you seen the Hutch ads? She works there...the company is in Bangalore only (where I presume you are as well, being in IT:)) but shes going to branch out into documentaries when she gets the technical skills at this place and when she can afford it..doing independent film is super expensive on your own.
    Ronnie....start a boutique amp/pedal store...not too many people will come but you'll still love doing it I think..I volunteer as guinea pig for your experiments:)

10. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

Nah, Im in Mumbai :p:

Yup I know about the independent film making, its quite expensive.....but in the start you can approach NGOs who sometimes are ready to fund you if your documentary is on a social subject. well, that is a great place to start and i'll be starting from there. I might go for a short film with my own funding (with contributions from a bunch of friends).
    Anyway Im keeping my fingers crossed for the best.

@ronnie...as abhijit said you can assist people in guitar related gears and stuff. maybe make custom gears for some and get some dough from that. slowly u can jump in fulltime. its not impossible all u need is will.

11. abhijitnath

There are these two profs at TISS who do a lot of documentaries if you're interested...I had the cards ..will try to dig them up somewhere:)
    BTW I'm in Mumbai too..

12. jekyll

jekyll Banned

hey abhijit nath i asked ya somehting ...

the gautam u were talking with reference to IITM ... did he use to play Pink Floyd Stuff mostly?

Ron ... cant help u here ... am in similar prob ...

13. aysh

aysh -|h3 ori9in4| (ui!aris-|-

hey man almost the same ambitions as mine.. except that id like to start a music school of my own :p else definitely teach it myself .. right now im just a student ;)

14. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

I make paper balls with insults written inside them and chuck them around at different cubicals.

15. jekyll

jekyll Banned

^^^
    thanx for the advice

i will start this earnestly from tomorrow onwards ... :))

16. vini

vini Repeat Offender

^ now this is really creative :grin: lolz

i feel sad for IT people...thank god im in HR :nw: but if i get a job in an IT Firm..iL make sure that i take care of IT staff and do sumthin to ease the boredom outta this job...but hey arent all jobs monotonous on the second thots! :think:

many companies have good cafeterias, gymnasium, yoga/meditation,snookers n stuff for IT people.. better work in such firm :shock:

17. jekyll

jekyll Banned

usually those companies dont pay u that well ... :p:

18. vini

vini Repeat Offender

dont temme..
    Infosys is one among em..isnt it? i've heard so :think:

they are the best employers in India acc to some survey..and they do pay real good

19. anshphenomenon

anshphenomenon Rape me :boff:

@jekyll
    not entirely true..
    my bro is working as a software engg.at naukri.com in noida
    and they provide good facilities with a good pay..!!

20. anshphenomenon

anshphenomenon Rape me :boff:

if i aint wrong.
    infosys gives a car to their employes who marry among themselves.. ;)