All in One questions

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by Rahul.Vaidhya, Sep 22, 2011.

1. Rahul.Vaidhya

Rahul.Vaidhya New Member

Hi I am attracted to Guitar since 2005. i bought a new Fender in 2005, got it bent several times because did not practice regularly. But now i am really serious about learning it. And learn it quickly. I have just spent too many years in fact six many years! I have following questions
    1. How many minimum hours do i need to practices daily to really make a difference?
    2. What exercises are required for my ear training so that i can pick up music sense quickly?
    3. What are best guitar exercises?
    4. How can i memorize guitar chords and guitar tabs?

Thank you all for your inputs!
    RBV

2. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

1. As many as you can. Some people learn faster, some slower. However, the more hours you put in initially, the more comfortable you'll be with your instrument. Just don't hurt yourself or play in pain.

2. These type Tonedeaf Test: Test your musical skills in 6 minutes!

3. Look for John Petrucci's instructional video. He gives you a lot of great warm up exercises. I personally never did them but I'm sure they'll help. There's no one way to practice and no best exercises.

4. You play them over and over till you do.

3. raga2303

raga2303 Member

4. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Hey it was about testing the musical skills, not the internet skills.:think:
    Sadly, raga2303, you have failed in the internet browsing skills :p:

the link works.

5. raga2303

raga2303 Member

:) point taken alpha1.. I realized after few minutes of posting that reply that my broadband sucks.. btw, what was your score in the test.. only honest answer please..

6. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

damn i scored just 66.7 .. i am a bloody tonedeaf....:(

7. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

I got a 94.4 first try. I got a 94.4 second try as well. I think I get that score everytime? I'll take it again just to check.

Got an 88% damnit :'(

8. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

honestly, some of those differences are very fine...I have an awesome ear and I still found the test rather difficult. I don't think I've ever gotten more than 94.4 on it and I must have tried at least 5 times.

It's a great way to improve your ear...keep taking the test till you get better. The harder you try the better it gets. It's also great because it teaches you to isolate sounds. Imagine a band playing...you don't always hear what the bass player is playing and what the synth player is playing and the guitars individually. A good ear actually lets you listen to them individually which makes listening to music even more fun.

9. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

94.4???? Thats insane bjr... I am sure you can hear frequencies upto 35kHz...
    btw wat you said is absolutely true.. Good ear is most important...

10. raga2303

raga2303 Member

Hmmm.. I definitely need to improve.. mine is absymal 56 :-( .. God... please help me..

11. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

Got 72.2 today... Ears are becoming better :)

12. guitarplayer729

guitarplayer729 New Member

13. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

So many ppl doon it, I hafta try

14. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

Got only 83.3, I think I was looking for differences that didn't exist. Marked 5 as different when they were actually the same.

15. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

haha I do that too....but honestly, there are one or two where there's just one different note in a non-emphatic place! (at least I think there is)