All guitar parts names!

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by Zeus, Oct 27, 2003.

  1. Zeus

    Zeus New Member

    Body: The main part of the guitar which connects to the guitar neck. Also where the pickups and bridge is located.

    Bridge: The bridge assembly, or just "bridge" is an area on the face of the guitar where the string meet or are connected to the face.

    Frets: Vertical metal wires which sit vertically on the guitar neck.

    Headstock: The area of the guitar at the end of the neck where the strings are tuned.

    Neck: The long narrow part of the guitar where notes are fretted. Located between the body and headstock of the guitar.

    Nut: The point on the guitar neck where the strings touch the neck and join the headstock.

    Pickup Switch: A switch located on the body of the guitar used to select different pickups for different tones and sounds.

    Pickups: A Pickup is a magnet wrapped in wires which sits on the face of an electric guitar, underneath the strings. When the strings move, it interferes with the magnetic field of the pickup and that impulse is sent to the amplifier. The impulse is then modified at the amplifier.

    Tremolo: (aka: Whammy bar) The tremolo is a bar connected to the bride of the guitar. By moving the tremolo bar up or down, you can move the bridge, thus changing the pitch.

    Tuning Pegs: The pegs located at the headstock which are used to tune the guitar. the Machine Heads have gears, which when turned, can tighten or loosen the string.

    Volume & Tone Control: Control knobs on the body of the guitar which are used to adjust guitar volume and tone.
  2. euphorian_4ever

    euphorian_4ever New Member

    what do the term jhump and strumm mean??
  3. wisevijay

    wisevijay newbombayrox

    Strumm means i think strumming or playing all or more than 2 strings together on various cords.I think i m right:think:
  4. 6String_assasin

    6String_assasin The Painkiller

    these pics mayb some help 2 someone:

    Attached Files:

  5. 6String_assasin

    6String_assasin The Painkiller

    and some more...

    Attached Files:

  6. 6String_assasin

    6String_assasin The Painkiller

    AND some more....

    Attached Files:

  7. junoonist

    junoonist New Member

    GooD images !
  8. junoonist

    junoonist New Member

    here's another pic of accoustic guitar !

    Attached Files:

    • 2.jpg
      File size:
      151.2 KB
  9. oddball009

    oddball009 New Member

    Parts Question

    Hey can anyone tell me on the back of a telecaster, (where the strings go through the body) what the 6 little chrome pieces that go in the body before the strings are called. Im trying to build a tele and I need those little things and I cant think of the name of them to save my life. Thanks for any help
  10. oddball009

    oddball009 New Member

    never mind i found it
  11. *KP*

    *KP* New Member

    lolz but mujhay to gitar ke bajana naheen aata :S
  12. *KP*

    *KP* New Member

  13. jazzbox

    jazzbox His X Ln C 1000CC

    Nice Stuff

    well its nice info to an electric guitar player keep it up
  14. jazzbox

    jazzbox His X Ln C 1000CC

Share This Page