All Black Metal Fans UNITE HERE....

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by Nanda, Sep 23, 2005.

1. Demonstealer

Demonstealer New Member

Wait wait

Black Metal is originally from Norway. It was about NORWEGIAN people fighting back against the christian missionaries to bring back the old pagan ways. Thats where it started. Thats the concept behind it. WHihc is why all the church burnings and **** happened.

Venom however was the 1st band to use the term black metal and also was a band that lots of the young black metal bands were infleucened by.

Beyond this black metal then went into catagories and sub catagories.

There are bands with keys like Dimmu Emperor.... people put cradle here but cradle goes under goth alot. Its becuase of the screechy vocals(typical of black metal) and the keys that they get put in the genre.

Then there is the Darkthone, Marduk, Darkfuneral vibe which is without keys.

Then there is Immortal who never call themselfs black metal but because they come from the region and came with the facepaint and attire they got slotted as well though they call themselfs haulocaust metal.

Basically google search and you'll find tons of interesting articles on it. In the end it doesnt matter what genre u slot a band into its the music being good or bad. But google search and you'll find tons of killer material on black metal.

2. Demonstealer

Demonstealer New Member

@Jazz

Great question the answer is HUGE.

Few Simple points

Thrash - Bay Area, Fast very riff based music with not so gutteral or screechy vocals. Good bands Sodom, Kreator, Metallica(old), Slayer, Megadeth, Testament etc etc etc

Death Metal - Florida, Low guttural vocals and heavy riffing with chunk, has a very gore obessed theme has 200 sub catagoies like melodic, progressive, swedish etc bands like Cannibal Corpse, Cryptopsy, Hate Eternal, Morbid Angel, Dying Fetus are more or less straight forward. Bands like Soilwork, Inflames etc came under Swedish death metal.... Opeth and the like under progressive death metal and Amon Amarth under the melodic viking death metal etc etc etc

Black metal - Norway & Europe, more tremolo picking style of riffs. sometimes use keys and satanic themes. Again many sub genres. But I'll but together bands like Old mans child, emperor, dimmu borgir under one type and bands like marduk, mayhem and dark funeral under the other style

So there you have it.
    More or less the best I can do.

3. taxyse

taxyse t3h.

hey demonstealer.....u are not the DR guy are u????

4. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

oh my f god.

5. taxyse

taxyse t3h.

what?????/....i didnt understand???

6. shsnawada

You didnt know. Thats what.

7. JAZZ

JAZZ New Member

Thanx very much @demonstealer..

8. Demonstealer

Demonstealer New Member

@taxyse I am the vocalist/guitarist of DR

9. aysh

aysh -|h3 ori9in4| (ui!aris-|-

i heard frozen portrait long back , someone told me that its not ur vocals in it

10. Demonstealer

Demonstealer New Member

the uploaded version of frozen portrait has 3 different vocalists on it.

Intro singing is a guy called Nimit
    Verse is sung by Ranjit from this band called Dry State
    and the growling/screeching is me.

I do vocals and guitars for all parts live. These are just guest singers on the album.

11. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

yeah,, i hate many bands in india bcoz......if u have noticed ::

some bands like dr, sceptre n other self christened heavy metal bands....go to some particular xtent and then suddenly.....do all three of these together ::

1>growling/screaming/screeching/howling
    2> keep on banging the drums...like police knocking at a door!
    3> playing fully distorted power chords.

12. aysh

aysh -|h3 ori9in4| (ui!aris-|-

yes dry state is a kickass band ..seen them live ..all 4 members rock. they arent together anymore i think

13. taxyse

taxyse t3h.

:nw: :nw: :shock:
    man i didnt know that.....rock on dude !!!!
    hey can i ask u how u guys started off on this band buisness...n all that stuff????

14. taxyse

taxyse t3h.

and why so many singers in frozen portrait????....i didnt like that song....maybe just cuz of this very reason.....(and btw rockin devil....that aint funny 'is he from rajasthan..'..huh?? )

15. Demonstealer

Demonstealer New Member

@rocking devil - if u thing there is any similarlity in DR and Sceptres music.... Well I just have nothing to say to you. Fully distorted power chords??? **** this is too deadly. Actually you've just made me realize that my music is beynd your comprehension and personal taste so happy trails buddy.

@Taxye - I had a different idea for vocals in diffferent parts so I implemented it. The album version has only 2 singers on it. Anyway its a personal thing I like bands that mix growling with clean vocals so either you likeit or your dont.

and about the band buiness I started playing years ago and decided i wanted to form aband and took it frmo there.

16. shsnawada

Is JP still on the drums? He was awesome.

17. taxyse

taxyse t3h.

hey.......
    that is too less info......<sigh>

18. hate_eternal

hate_eternal Banned

COF (earlier works)
    Dimmu Borgir
    Sabbath (If they are black)
    and lately a bit of Emperor

19. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

Hey hate_eternal ... listen to the latest cradle of filth album ... Nymphentamine .. Its really good .... With the angelic voice of sara jezebel diva ... its damn good ...

Nice to see so many replies for a black metal thread didnt expect so much ...

And not too many guys into filth eh ??????

20. hate_eternal

hate_eternal Banned

@Nanda- I have Nymphentamine. Nice album and great backup vocals by Sara Jezebel Diva were a good addition but I still prefer their old stuff like "The Principle Of Evil Made Flesh" and "Dusk And Her Embrace". But COF is a nice band and really superb on stage.