All Black Metal Fans UNITE HERE....

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by Nanda, Sep 23, 2005.

1. Mr. Scary

Mr. Scary Bass-tard Child

Stfu.
    Led Zeppelin is not black metal, they are not god, infact i find them rather boring. On the other hand, you love them so much that you post about them in a thread about music they are NOWHERE close to being classified as. Also, do not assume you're "more metal than expected" or that kind of bull****, you've already just proved it.

Plus, you claim to be a guitarist in a band , and on top of that also to be a working
    a d u l t. I find that hard to believe because by your initial posts i took you for a 13 year old girl.

I'll be nice now though, welcome to IGT...NOOB.

Great we got another one.

2. Asmodeus

Asmodeus New Member

OWNAGE... BURN...

Fuk.. My only regret... I should have spotted this thread before you Scary...

3. Mr. Scary

ASMO!!!!! BRO WHERE YOU BEEN!?!? Do get your ass over here more often and start making this place more worthwile to post.

4. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Black Sabbath are everything Hard Blues Rock, Heavy Metal, Doom Metal, Black Metal. Black Sabbath were originally a Blues Band and did all the Satan and Horror stuffs just for publicity and the formula worked. These guys were once approached by a Satan Society to perform and they all got scared and refused for the the leader told them that something terribly bad will happen to them. All of got psyched and Tony Iommi's father made them the cross they are still wearing. I know those guys are god believing if not really relegious.

I still do believe Black Sabbath was also Black Metal. They are Doom Metal too. I'd have posted the same even on a Doom Metal or a Heavy Metal group thread.
    Well how do you classify Danzig.

5. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

What are the defining aspects of a black metal band? Satan? Costumes? Face paints?

I could say that some bands are black metal but with some other bands its hard to differentiate.

6. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Ideally it should be Blacks playing Metal. :think:

7. Demonstealer

Demonstealer New Member

Wow..... Sonali wot band do you play for?

Emperor
    Dimmu Borgir
    Old Mans Child

my fav bands that fall close to black metal..... its highly debateable by black metal purists.

8. Mr. Scary

It was time you showed up here. Do you like Behemoth? If you like Emperor check out the band Summoning. They're badass!!

9. Demonstealer

Demonstealer New Member

now waste not time go here

The 1st Clip is Now Here.

This is from the song 'Apocalyptic Dawn'

This is from the post-production stages. The 1st draft of the mix.
    Check it out.

https://www.edge2mag.com/ApocalypticVocalSample.mp3

Enjoy!

and BUY THE ALBUM!!!

10. Mr. Scary

Woah, that was pretty cool.

11. shsnawada

Cool for the second time.

12. Demonstealer

Demonstealer New Member

yeah Behemoth owns!!! I have summoning as well... nice band.

13. shsnawada

Thanks a lot for that. They kick ass. But reminds me a lot about Morbid angel and obituary. But black metal is also extreme metal right?

14. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

I don't think it's the image that defines a black metal band as black metal. I would think more along the lines of Satan worshipping / anti-religious / blasphemous lyrics, blast beat drumming, fast power chord riffing, growled / screamed vocals, intentionally bad production (lol!) etc. which is exactly why I don't consider Black Sabbath black metal for they have none of the aforementioned attributes.

15. Mr. Scary

I suppose so, i mean i have seen it fall under that category.

16. shsnawada

Then are deicide and morbid angel among hundreds of anti religious death metal bands considered black metal? It doesnt work.

17. taxyse

taxyse t3h.

isnt the dominant use of keyboards (synths esp) another defining aspect of black metal.....i mean other than the theme...the instruments played also define the music...they have a lot of classical influence too i think...
    and i havent heard any 'growling' vocals in black metal....they are supposed to be in death metal only no????

<hey dont u now start flaming me....i think i have asked valid questions??,,,hehe >

18. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs &amp; Pasta

Hmmm...... true. Good point. Because once euronymous (accidentaly i guess) called deicide a black metal band. I was confused since then.

19. taxyse

taxyse t3h.

and the origin too.........
    hasnt this genre started from norway and other 'viking' areas???....and it is predominatly settled there only i think????

20. JAZZ

JAZZ New Member

Wuts the difference b/w Black metal ?death metal ?thrash metal ????
    can anyone tell n Name some famous bands