$-aLL aB0ut stRummIng

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by nik_bokacheley, Feb 27, 2005.

1. Liquid

Liquid New Member

by a paki band named JaL

2. kl12

kl12 (Ghost Note)

hi ..
    i would like to add sum thing here abt strumming...most of the beginners are discouraged when then can't strum properly....well there is no shortcut to success..
    u have to practice...and i tell u one thing that u just keep playing and strumming ur guitart whther it sounds good or not.....dont go on these DU D u DD patterns...i 've tried them but they didn't help me...u need just practice ..just keep playing ur guitar and after 3 or 4 months u would know that it wasn't that difficult as were u thinking..

just play and play and stop worrying abt ur strumming..it would be al right pretty soon...+ listen more music...

3. skaw

skaw snooze

strumming eh..

strumming is a flexible thing, i mean u can play a song with not guitar with different rhythms ... e.g. the song rabba from musafir, it can be played with.. D U U .. or D DU D D .. rite?
    so its nice to try playin different rhythms .. u can always listen to the beat and come up with a rhythm ...example in rabba u hear the beat ? and then u just make your hand move to the beat.. so it creates a rhythm .. try it ..

4. Liquid

Liquid New Member

ok see this is one part that i have a hard time with as well..

take a look at the D U U pattern....now after the last U...it just doesnt blend in correctly...i cant explain....i cant keep it goin smoothly....happens with like all patterns..

5. BIG_EVIL

BIG_EVIL Guitaring Machine

spanish style of strumming???????

6. Liquid

Liquid New Member

err i didnt mean any stylke in particular...i just meant generally...

7. Orange Guitar

Orange Guitar IGT's ALLROUNDER

try practicing with drum beats...lots of sites give drum solos so u can practice with them!

8. Liquid

Liquid New Member

like i guess my question was also....how do u know if its DU U....or D UU....or D U U....it could be any of the 3 right?....so u just have to lissen to the song?

but like sometimes its more complicated....any advice ppl?

9. nik_bokacheley

nik_bokacheley :help: I'm a mad :sadbye:

:cool: I've been playing few of the bengali songs without strumming..i.e. just the chord without a particular style..works good wid those songs...hehe...

10. remi

remi New Member

Orange Guitar .Can you suggest the sites where we get drum beats so that we can strum along ..

11. Orange Guitar

Orange Guitar IGT's ALLROUNDER

yarr...some1 post the links be4 on igt...i dont remember now..will post ya!