Alert - Earthquake

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by jayanth, Dec 26, 2004.

1. Natasia

Natasia ...

hey jay do let us know once u talk 2 guitar_gal ....

2. skaw

skaw snooze

:shock::shock::shock: .. last thing i wanted to hear was more death ... bad times :sad:

3. rizaaj

rizaaj Forum Leader

a plane crash is not a planned thing... Neither a building collapse in an earth quake 25/02/2004, Morocco is planned .. nor is an accident planned....

4. rizaaj

rizaaj Forum Leader

and lets not get off topic and cry personal tears... lets pray for the victims...

5. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

^^ so u should have mentioned the earth quake....

whatever...

a plane crash is an accident btw..
    natural calamities--earthquake,flood,famine,cyclone etc...

6. Asmodeus

Asmodeus New Member

Umm... it was a Tsunami rite? Shit, didnt know India was affected that bad...

Think of "A Tout Les Monde" - Megadeth

7. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

IGT mourns the death of all the people who died due to the earthquake.....it's really sad that this had to happen. Let's all pray for the souls who have left their mortal bodies and hope to heaven that history will not repeat itself. R.I.P, all.

8. tejas

tejas ..........

This is just sad. I've been following it since the afternoon and its only been getting more worse. 2000 people in India, more than that in Sri Lanka and about 1500 in indonesia. Horrible. This year has been gernerally bad, it just got worse.

9. jayanth

jayanth <.: : Call Quits : :.>

No News from Guitar_Gal.. I'm dead worried..

10. tejas

tejas ..........

Oh my, Jay please keep trying. And bring us some good news.

11. jayanth

All i can do is keep calling..

12. tejas

tejas ..........

I just checked out the news again. The death talley is India - 2000, Sri Lanka - 3000
    Thiland - 300, Sumatra - 400.

13. jayanth

Thru out asia its 10000+

14. rizaaj

rizaaj Forum Leader

According to bbc

Sri Lanka: 3,225 dead
    Indonesia: 2,200 dead
    India: 2,000 dead
    Thailand: 257 dead
    Malaysia: 28 dead
    Maldives: 10 dead
    Bangladesh: 2 dead

Source: Government officials

RIP

15. jayanth

Thats pretty old news man..

16. rizaaj

rizaaj Forum Leader

DUNOO THAT but jus now i watched it on BBC, Well bbc is a Non-Asian Channel .. how wud it know.. sorry for wrong info...

17. jayanth

NO News from Guitar_Gal.. Yet..

18. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

Do you know which area she lives in? I can ask my friend to check or something.

19. esgallindeion

esgallindeion Minstrel Knight

How can I think of my personal griefs when the whole of Asia is reeling through such disasters?

I join you all in the mourning of those who died and the praying for the recovery of the injured and the discovery of the missing. Hope things turn out not so bad for the families of the perished. I have many friends here with families in south india, indonesia, malaysia dn thailand. I havent been able to contact them all, but I shall pray for them all. Also, I hope jay manages to find guitar gal safe and sound.

As of now,

Sri Lanka: 4,850 dead
    Indonesia: 4,440 dead
    India: 4,270 dead
    Thailand: 430 dead
    Malaysia: 44 dead
    Maldives: 32 dead
    Bangladesh: 2 dead

20. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Hey,
    In Chennai, since the beaches are pretty long, the water didn't come much inside the city. Unfortunately the fishermen who were living in the slums very close to the waters got affected. Otherwise residents of Chennai are safe. Most of the people who died were all fishermen who had been into the sea and also their families within the slum. Some kids who were playing and some who had been on walking also are reported missing. Low lying places like Thiruvottiyoor, Ennoor were a bit more affected. Luckily the tide missed the Kalpakkam Nuclear Power Station. They shut that down immediately to prevent any mishaps that could happen.
    In Cuddalore alone 5000 fishermen are reported missing. The figures confirmed dead are only of those bodies that were found. The actual figure will be even more scary.
    Let all the lost souls R.I.P