Alert - Earthquake

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by jayanth, Dec 26, 2004.

1. jayanth

jayanth <.: : Call Quits : :.>

Chennaiites PLease let us know if you are safe..

2. Menon

Menon New Member

I am..but I can tell you wasn't close to being so safe when it happened..the whole bldg was shakin and ppl were panicking I was toooo hungover to panic..so I quietly took my keys, a smoke and went down!!
    Things are fine now...
    Cheers
    Menon

3. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

EARTHQUAKE???????????:shock::shock::shock: Oh God, i hope everyone's safe, my brother and my parents are in chennai:shock::shock: When did this occur?

4. Natasia

Natasia ...

i just heard abt it...happened sometime in the mornig.. measured a wooooooping 8.5 on the ricter scale ...... its really sad.... :( .... caused a hella lotaa devastaion there ......

5. d_ist_urb_ed

100 people confirmed dead by the authorities. R.I.P all ye unfortunate souls. BTW, my family's fine, thank God for that....

6. gautam_njoy

gautam_njoy New Member

yeh i too came across this juz sometime back.. man my frnds hav gone on a study tour to lakshwadeep.. man m really worried .. my best frnds part of it.. havent got a clue how they r.. dnt even knw ways to contact.. wat a sad incident.. hhuhuh... hope everyones fine...

7. mani_rawalpindi

mani_rawalpindi GUNS AND GUITARS

Many confirmed dead my condoloses to all the suffering famillies

8. rizaaj

rizaaj Forum Leader

Jus pray for em all. i heard about 1000 in srilianka and 1300 missing in chennai in a news report... hope for the best....

9. jayanth

@ Disturbed India - 1000 Not 100... I called up Guitar_Gal didnt pickup .. Not getting ideas here i will call her again in the night..

10. rizaaj

rizaaj Forum Leader

11. d_ist_urb_ed

1000?:shock: Damn

12. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Well my hostel is not that near to the coast..so I wasnt affected...but areas adjoining the sea have been badly hit...many fisherman were killed...its a catastrophe...

13. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

ahh..natural calamities suck..

14. rizaaj

rizaaj Forum Leader

No They Do not suck... thats the way the world runs... God Keeps the Level balance...

and thats the way it is... RIP for all the victims...

15. zoomingrocket

zoomingrocket TeChNiCaL AdMiNiStRaToR

I just remembered 26th January, 2001....
    That was a experience of lifetime!

I hope all are safe and sound!

Take care everyone....

REgards,
    Zooom..!!

16. jayanth

Ok.. Its hit 1500 in India...

@ Zoom :- YOu kidding.. I ran out of school.. LOL..

17. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

till date has any of your loved ones died in a natural calamity??

18. rizaaj

rizaaj Forum Leader

lemme know when u read ^^ i wana delete and dont wana remember all of that again

19. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

^^ those stuff that u posted are not natural calamities...

i said they suck...im not complainin..but NATURAL CALAMITIES suck.!!big time.

20. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

^^yeah...it was the worst period going through...i remember an uncle who was asking me and pals abt the gujrat ...he was almost in tears...he was gujarati....

Also, the orrisa floods...almost 10,000 ppl died..:shock:...most of them were poor...cudn't do anything...anything! sign...:(

1000 ppl died...its really kinda sad...natural calamaties...sucks...u cant really do anything abt it.

cant imagine plight of families who lost their dear ones.
    RIP.