Al S.O.B.

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by siddhartha_bg1, Jan 11, 2008.

1. siddhartha_bg1

siddhartha_bg1 New Member

thrs not much diff btwn the sound chck out the link for comparision btwn wooden and al guitars at the start of the thread hope it satisfies u ..

tc

2. siddhartha_bg1

unfortunately yes
    but i am willing to do it...
    hope it will trn out to be good although it will take time .......

3. siddhartha_bg1

hey thx
    hey i dont have the time i am in the 12th the boadrs are less than a month away...... i dont want to be the talk of the net or sumthing i just want a nice guitar i put it up here for u guys to help me out........
    gee thx anyways

4. siddhartha_bg1

ok now......

now i have made the furnace and the plaster mould for the aluminium the last and the biggest step remains ... melting the al and casting it.....
    i'll upload the pics ASAP having some USB probs......
    anywyas now i need ur help
    gimme some decent pick up name (i mean for my guitar) and any other minor details i shud take care of
    oh and the pick up shud be arnd 1-1.5k (the budget is pretty tight :( )

and ya i'll mould al whnvr my dad is out of town (illegal project u c...)
    oh and one more favour 'damn 12th boards...........'

5. DagMX

DagMX New Member

yeah I heard it, just wondering whether you had played one and therefore wanted one, or it was more of a 'i think it'd b cool so let me give it a shot'.

6. siddhartha_bg1

hmmm, the moment i saw tht aluminium guitars existed i wanted one.... but India you dont get any akuminium electric guitars so there was no choice but to make one so i gave it a go........
    it will be completed soon

will be posting pics soon cant do it bcoz of USB probs ..........

7. DagMX

DagMX New Member

Save up for the pickups. If you're building this to appreciate the sound, you're not going to be able to with cheap pickups.

8. ultrabot90

ultrabot90 Like fishes need bicycles

^Cant he change them later on?

9. DagMX

DagMX New Member

yeah, but why waste money on cheapo pickups now when those 1.5k can contribute to saving for better ones.

10. siddhartha_bg1

hey,
    ya true but my parents dont know abt this project naa so cant incur much expenses....... and i want that guitar bad.......
    if i would've done it after the boards my budget would be unlimited, but i cant wait and my parents dont want me to do anything but study (which is correct on their behalf sadly)
    so either i do-

1. take cheap pick ups and complete the guitar
    2. make the body now and then after boards complete it all with fenders or gibsons or something.

so you guys decide i can do both.... and ya inline pick ups (the straight lines ) are better for metal ot humbuckers or what???

11. DagMX

DagMX New Member

Humbuckers are infintely better than single-coils

I say do it all after your boards. You don't want to screw up your life just for one guitar.

12. siddhartha_bg1

i gues ya.....
    but i'll make the body rest i'll complete it later........
    ok then i'll upload the body soon in a day or two.........

thx a lot DagMX i owe you one .......

13. DagMX

DagMX New Member

No problem, but I think you really should wait.
    An aluminium build will take a lot of time that is better spent studying.

I honestly don't know how you'll work with a metal. I find it hard enough working with wood. But thankfully my guitars body is ready. Now I'm going to start on my headstock and neck.