Advise me on music...

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by ultrabot90, Oct 15, 2010.

1. flood

flood New Member

O_O

WOW. oooooo-kay then.

*starts stepping backwards*

2. ultrabot90

ultrabot90 Like fishes need bicycles

Well...the sync *was* awesome, and it sounded like a synth...except way better. So old school. o_O

3. Asmodeus

Asmodeus New Member

You phailed the joke.

Seriously tho, if its in cafes, why not try going the singer-songwriter route like Jack Johnson or Jason Mraz? We have tons of them in India already - Gowri, Nikhil D'Souza, Alisha, Naina Kundu, Zomb, and more.

And to the guy who thinks the Underground Authority are worthless: Dude. Awesome energy levels. They may be doing generic nu-metal-esque stuff, but fvck. They came off as a tight, energetic unit that could get a crowd going. It'll sell.

4. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

Naina is fcuking hot ;)

5. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Pop rock.
    Stuff like Bon Jovi or Bryan Adams.

6. ultrabot90

Phailed the joke? Who, which and how?

Anyway, I'm kinda thinking of a mix of commercial stuff (Bollywood pop, pop/soft rock) and instrumental. Personally I'm more inclined towards solo instrumental; the band I'm currently in seems like it's made for commercial stuff.

7. ultrabot90

I know instrumental is not the kind of thing that gets a crowd going - but do you guys think restaurants, cafes etc would like to pay a guy for playing instrumental music, staying in the (sonic) background, for a few hours everyday?

8. flood

flood New Member

related to this thread:

i'd never heard of him until i saw a guitarist friends FB status - "Raul Midon and MAB on the same night. No prizes for guessing who I'm going to watch." I was intrigued and decided to learn more. Saw one video that I thought was ok but decided to go for Midon anyway. (coincidentially, MAB was moved Saturday and not on the same night, so i might go watch him for teh lulz).

just saw raul midon last night. probably one of the best gigs i'll ever see and definitely the most humbling one. unbridled talent and determination. he floored me and left me speechless. goes to show that you don't really need anything to make great, technically dazzling but NEVER overbearing music....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DypclBGTLqw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGbr8R2J-sk&feature=related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTv24sSNXHc&feature=related

just one guy, his acoustic guitar and it sounded like an orchestra, a piano, a guitar/bass duo, an entire rhythm section, and some long lost brother of ray charles at the microphone. oh, and the MUSIC - constantly involving, honest, authentic, personal, humorous, melodic, familiar; the technical feat never takes on a priority. check out the "sax" solo in the third link to see what i mean. i hope i catch him in concert again.

midon does it without loopers, autotune, effects.... AND WITHOUT EYESIGHT.

i think MAB is going to leave me unfazed on saturday (if i go).

9. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

WoW that was a beauty...

10. ultrabot90

Yeah, I was surprised by that solo in the first and third song. Great work. Bit of a minimalistic feel. I like how he sings the background/chorus vocals too.

^He does indeed keep it unfettered and simple.

11. flood

flood New Member

12. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

fcuk.. i've to wait till evening to see it.. no ut00b in office.. :(