advice on pluto electric

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by 1nf1n1t30s, May 22, 2009.

1. 1nf1n1t30s

1nf1n1t30s New Member

hey guys,
    recently went t a guitar shop here in thane to check out some axes.
    one of the things the shopkeeper showed me was a pluto electric guitar (which i initially thought was actually an ibanez... the finish was that good) which cost about 7 grand.
    config apparently was,
    string through,
    bolt on neck
    hss pickups (dont know the make though)
    maple neck (not lacquered)
    with tremolo
    locking tuners
    adjustible truss rod

the usual extras like case,belt,chord...

the guitar itself was a black, strat type thing. the neck felt very smooth, slim and comfortable. all the buttons and knobs seemed pretty solid, and the finish as i said earlier was ***y.
    the only other option happens to be squires in the same range that dont have half the features.
    the only con i saw is...
    1.when i came home and tried to look for the thing on the web, i didnt get any info about the guitars (although i got some on pluto accoustics).

question is,
    1>given the price, features, etc is the thing worth buying at all for a beginner?

2. Harsh Kumar

Harsh Kumar The Official IGT Jester

never played pluto electric!

But trustworthy brand now! C if u like it, tell us also!!

3. 1nf1n1t30s

1nf1n1t30s New Member

yo harsh!
    thanks dude!... any more advices guys?

4. nmuthya

nmuthya New Member

Infact I had these same questions as you. Infact not just Pluto there seems to be a whole bunch of new brands in town (Jimm/pluto/etc) .. and all these are from China/Taiwan.

Yes, I did run a comparison with ESP/Fender/J&D and finally Pluto.
    I also dug thro' the web to see if I found any info and most of it were abt pluto acoustic.

Then I sat with the shopkeeper (Reynolds, B'lore).. and he explained me bit by bit each of it compared with a Fender (which was almost 3 times Pluto's price). I played both and felt Pluto very smooth, not too heavy, clean finish, etc (the same pack for Rs 5785/- without all those gigs).
    I bought one .. a black beauty .. and today I am happy (you don't have to shell too much as a beginner..)

5. angel_of_sin

angel_of_sin bassist.....

Aahh...i tried out the pluto strat a few months back........ preferred GB&A over it because it felt comfortable in my hands and had an H-S-S configuration, the finesse was also pretty good and it had 24 frets....... the pluto has 21 frets.........but the problem with low end strats is that they may sound very bright in the beginning but with time you realize their limitations.............As you may have noticed strats aren't much to my taste........ However if you do want to go in for a strat check out the AXL collection strats......they are very hep for a 10k guitar.......and the last time i checked they had EMG pickups which make them all the very more preferable over Pluto........

6. angel_of_sin

Oh and the wood used in Pluto isnt very good........GB&A i have, has a basswood body which should be a bare minimum............

So in my opinion for low end strats :-

Squires ( the 15k one not the 8k lemon) > AXL collection > GB&A > Aria > Silvertone > Pluto > Java....................

P.S. :- my GB&A is not a strat...........

7. ultrabot90

ultrabot90 Like fishes need bicycles

Which one is that Squier you mention...this by any chance?

I was just looking around for good HSS strats in the 15k+ range apart from the Pacificas....But after exploring all that, I guess the Pacifica 112S will always be the best in that price...-_-

8. angel_of_sin

9. rajparam

rajparam New Member

I have seen acoustic ones and they seemed ok. 7 grand is min. one has to pay for an electric one. Ampli would be separate cost, I believe. In Furtados, Juhu I had seen one for 10 grand plus 3 more for amplifier. Your offer appears to be a good one !

10. ultrabot90

ultrabot90 Like fishes need bicycles

Eh.

Pacifica 112 = alder body, coil tap, and a must-upgrade Floyd Rose (can't depend on them in this price range anyway). It's why this search (for HSS strats around 20k) is tough...consumer-fooling based crapaxes.