Advice needed to buy a new electric.

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by abhi_shake, Sep 14, 2007.

1. abhi_shake

abhi_shake New Member

Advice needed to buy a new electric in BANGALORE

First of all I want to ask is it better to buy a guitar from Bangalore or from Calcutta?
    I'm in a college near bangalore. my dad is in bangalore, and he's going to calcutta this week, so he said that he could get my guitar. but i think its anyway better for me to go myself and get it. I read on this forum that in Bangalore they rip you off... is it true? that's why i want to know what its like in calcutta. what are the good shops in both these cities?

my budget is around 15k for the guitar. I was thinking of buying a washburn x series with a tremolo. is there any other guitar u guys recommend?
    am amp for around 5000.

I don't know which processor to buy. i was thinking to set aside another 5k for that and buy a zoom. but i've heard it isn't that good.

i'm going to mostly play hard rock and metal. maiden, floyd...
    i can't go above 15k for the guitar.

please help!!

2. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

For the processor you can look for a used korg AX1500G(there are a lot of them going on sale of late).
    or another good idea is to buy a roland cube(that is if you are not doing shows). It has inbuilt effects. Then you can save up and get a better pocessor..

3. radicalz_adi

radicalz_adi New Member

wat i suggest don buy an amp u can plug the the processor out in any of the stereo or stuff and like as for the processor ud hav 10 k if u don buy an amp so go for a korg or stuff...

4. abhi_shake

abhi_shake New Member

thanx guys for posting, but what about the guitar and the shops in banglore/calcutta?

5. Shreddy

Shreddy LaneyManeyResurrection

Bangalore sucks bro. I just buy from Bajaao , SB music or furtados. Bajaao has a trial period if you like it..

btw:

you said "thanx"
    but you are
    I am anti - "txt tlk."
    I support good grammar.
    I am part of the 'Save the Vowels' Movement.
    For your sanity and mine,
    Type out your DAMN words.
    Thank You.

Just messing with you lol. I would go for Sanjivdas' RG321MH he is selling for 12k in bangalore. Superhot piece of work. And spend the rest on a good processor. Im selling a Zoom G7.1ut processor for 14k.

6. abhi_shake

abhi_shake New Member

everyone likes to be a smart ass don't they??:D

so ur saying that i shpudn't buy an amp? connect the processor to a normal speaker or something?

7. Life_Sans_Death

Life_Sans_Death Acronym!

Look, A stranger and a Marshall are all gonna sound the same till you get to be a pro or you buy a MESA BOOGIE

8. Double Click

Double Click New Member

Thats just plain dumb.. If u cant make out the difference between a Stranger and a Marshall, u have no business playing guitar.

9. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

:RollLol: Haha, that was funny.

10. Life_Sans_Death

Life_Sans_Death Acronym!

If I did not add the word beginner, then pardon me

11. Shreddy

you missed a fullstop after your sentence

12. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

See my signature

13. Shreddy

did that. Now what?

14. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

now make one for urself like tht too.. even u need to sell some stuff man.. :)

15. Shreddy

Nope, sell what? I need to sell my zoom to fund a boss thats all.

16. Life_Sans_Death

Life_Sans_Death Acronym!

Ah, La Lingua Pura

17. guitarist_bd

guitarist_bd New Member

hey plz help me by giving some advice. i have found a guy Selling his Ibanez RG270.5 pickup, 24 fret full floyed. he asking me 19000 BD Taka with case. do you think that price is resonable or too much .have played that guitar.what is your recommended. plz let me know.

18. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

give the rate in USD

19. guitarist_bd

guitarist_bd New Member

if the exchange rate is 1US=70 Tk then its 271 US dollar, i think so

20. Shreddy

@Alpha: why not INR ?