Advice: Game making software

Discussion in 'Computer Forum' started by rockin'away, Jun 11, 2005.

1. rockin'away

rockin'away Banned

if i want to make a game is there any software that is easy to use ( other than RPG Maker and GameMaker) that doesn't require any coding and that is easy to make great games?... any help?

2. amit82cse

amit82cse Silent observeR

What type of game you wanna make using which language?

3. rockin'away

rockin'away Banned

i dont want to use to much language cauz i aint that good with language... but a simulation game... kinda like THE SIMS

4. somendra_guitar

somendra_guitar New Member

man its not so easy

simulation games such as the sims are large & need lot of graphics details & all
    i'm not an expert but i can say this that such games are made using languages
    only.
    making a simulation game is not 'made a game in the holidays' kinda job
    it needs lot of expirience & knoledge!!!

5. rockin'away

rockin'away Banned

kk sir!............

6. amit82cse

You can first start with writing game Tic-Tac-Toe using C#. Then can move to advanced "brick" game using DirectX with full keybd, mouse, sound, video support.

Just a suggestion:)

7. ajax_ds

ajax_ds STRIDER

dude.... if u wanna build high end games... lastly it boils down to boring coding... u gotta be good at coding & math because u will reqire it for giving a 3D effect & collision detection...

8. ajax_ds

ajax_ds STRIDER

there was a good page by the name amit's game programming page for starters i had seen a few years back... let me see if it's still there..

9. ajax_ds

ajax_ds STRIDER

10. amit82cse

Useful info for me as well.
    Thanks ajax.

11. light_of_erindi

light_of_erindi New Member

U can't code games like "the sims"...with game making softwares...u have to use C and/or assembly and libraries ...

12. rockin'away

rockin'away Banned

okk... any help on how to make ur own email service?

13. rockin'away

rockin'away Banned

ok email service still any help and also i need a host that offers alot for a cheap price... and i also want a cheap.com domain if possible... any help?

14. light_of_erindi

light_of_erindi New Member

email service?!...as in Yahoo mail...why do u need ur own mail service man?...anyways if u want u can do that pretty easily on Linux...there r lots of SMTP and POP server softwares available...

15. nik_bokacheley

nik_bokacheley :help: I'm a mad :sadbye:

........:eek::.....*blank*...out of words.......

16. rockin'away

rockin'away Banned

k 4get that... i found a good host i just wanted to check there werent any catches.. here have a look
    https://www.streamlinenet.co.uk/

i probs going for unlimited user any catches?..... or any better host?

17. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

im learning how to make games through flsh mx 2000.im on my first game.a very simple layout.
    theres a small intro and the game starts with a spider web and there is a spider and a insect.
    unlike other spider webs in this the insect can skate<run> in it but cant take off.the bug shud run all the way through a wierd maze to get out of the spider web and the spider which is chasing after you.once you stop the spider eats you up.so you gotta be on the run.and yeah if you go in the wrong way or catch up with dead ends, then you better tur away and escape fast coz the spider doesnt stop.the spider wb is divided into 4 psrts.with completion of each part another spider drops in to make your hands shiver while playing it.
    its more or less like a pac-man only without those collectibles.i have only finished 3/7 of the game.but i will do it n finish it later on when im free and when they are free.
    and if possible i will ask them to add a high score section so that it may b posted up in arcade section as my tribute to igt.its not any high hope though!

18. cYpHeR

cYpHeR Banned

dude...makin games widout knowin ne languages isint easy....however u can try makin mods (modifications)......usin da same game engine and wid very lil or smtimes no programmin knowledge......one of da easiest one is farcry...u can chk it out at https://www.farcry.ubi.com/mods.php.............

19. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

the point is that im learning to make gmaes using flash which includes the language used too.its more or less simple!

20. rockin'away

rockin'away Banned

any help with website hosting?... and if i ant to make a simple game then can i use Flash ?