Advice for buying a new Electric guitar.

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by Frosty, Jul 29, 2014.

1. Frosty

Frosty New Member

Need advice for buying a new Electric guitar.

Hello. I need advice for buying a new guitar.
    I like to play Progressive Death Metal, Metalcore, post-hardcore, black metal, groove metal, experimental stuff, etc. I want to be able to play funky, psychedelic, not too distorted clean guitar with arpeggios and sweep picking. Don't need a tremolo.
    I previously owned an Ibanez guitar which wasn't exactly mine (bought by certain relative who couldn't play guitar but now wanted it back) It wasn't expensive i don't know the model name.
    So.. I want to buy a new guitar under Rs. 25,000. I have made a list of guitars :

Schecter Demon 6 ( so far, i like this one most )
    Guitars : Demon-6

Ibanez RGR321EX
    RGR321EX - Ibanez Wiki

ESP LTD EC Series EC-100QM
    ESP LTD EC-100QM

Cort X Series X-11
    X-11 | Cort Guitars

Greg Bennett Avion AV-7 (my friend recommends this but i feel uncertain about this one)
    AVION

Any advice will be helpful

Thank you.

2. angel_of_sin

angel_of_sin bassist.....

An Av7 won't give you a versatile enough tone for metal. Unfortunately, none of the guitars you selected are built for metal. Go for the RGR321 if you're hellbent on choosing one of the above.

3. Frosty

Frosty New Member

Actually, i just can't afford a guitar above Rs. 25,000 so i made this list . If there is any other good guitar that you can recon in this price range i'll look into it. Also Schecter Demon 6 has nice pickups and the FR version is also really good.

4. angel_of_sin

angel_of_sin bassist.....

My personal favourite would be an ESP LTD F50, which you'll get for around 20k and changing the pickups to EMG 81/85's (13k). Would give you the perfect room to experiment with Metal.

5. Frosty

Frosty New Member

Thank you for the advice. :)