ADVICE for buying a 2nd hand electric guitar!should i buy it

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by vishwa.g, Jul 23, 2006.

1. vishwa.g

vishwa.g New Member

hey guys!! i wanna buy a electric guitar! but jus hav a budget of Rs.3000 ...there is a friend of mine.he is selling a GIVSONS GS1000 and a Stranger AMP ..along with the cover n strap for the guitar in total RS.3000... and the amp has a inbuilt destrotion(processor)..the guitar is 3yrs old n i don no abt the amp///but they both work fine..i don no how to judge the tone n all, the sound of the guitar n want ur help..should i buy the amp and the guitar for Rs.3000...that means the guy is selling me -Givsons GS1000 (includind a de cover strap) & a Stranger amp(with inbult destrotion) ALL FOR Rs.3000...the guitar is 3yrs old......so Guys should i buy the guitar/...i don no ....the guitar sounds fine to me....help me!!!...should i buy it//reply soon

2. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

Buy it. You will not get anything else for your budget.

3. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

Play the guitar and see if it has intonation problem

givsons have problem with intonation

4. vishwa.g

vishwa.g New Member

i dont no wat is intonation...well wat is it...

5. born2tab

born2tab rhythm guitarist

wait if possible

Dude u can get a new givsons electric at 3.5k.And strangers amp as far as my usage is concerned performed well but i have heard that they have a tendency to pic up radio signals and produce intonation effect ie, sound as a radio service:think:
    But i have neva come accross this problem on ma stranger Cube 20 ever.
    So if u think that waiting any longer wont provide an increase in ur budget, i think that u can pounce on this deal:beer:

6. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Intonation IS NOT catching the radio frequencies.

Intonation means your guitar is perfectly made ... so that the 12th fret is exactly one octave higher than open string. And is sounds same as 12 fret harmonic.

Vishwa ( :Lighten: ), the deal is cheap. If money aint your problem, then wait and look around. But if you cant muster more money than this, go for it.

7. vishwa.g

vishwa.g New Member

thanks guys!! i guess i should go for it!!but people say we shouldnt buy givsons electric guitars!!but the guitar seems perfectly fine to me...i mean the sound quality!!...

8. vini

vini Repeat Offender

...go buy it! even if it turns out to be bad later then u wont repent coz..anyway its not costing u a fortune!

9. UjSen

UjSen *#!EVIL*!!

^^^^^^^LMAO
    :RollLol::RollLol::RollLol: point.

10. vishwa.g

vishwa.g New Member

ujsen u stay out of it cause i no u don no a thing abt it!! guys this guy is a true looser no mater how cool he trys to b here..