Adrian Belew's new guitar

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by abhijitnath, Feb 27, 2006.

1. abhijitnath

abhijitnath Fighting GAS frantically

2. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

Too much going on there for me. A simple Guitar pickup to pedals to amp setup is what i prefer

3. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

Sweeeeeeeeeettt.
    Haha, his next album ought to be awesome.

4. shak

shak Harrr!

parkers are one of the best guitars ever .. even beat gibson .. i am one lucky bastard who got a chance to strum a parker once .. spent 5 minutes with it and fell in love ...

still in love ..

5. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Me too..... I own one ;)

6. abhijitnath

Another company that refuses to make left-handed guitars...@#@#$#$%#$%..even in their custom shop!!!!

7. ronnieanand

Another guitarist that would refuse to play the guitar the right handed way @#$$@$%&

8. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Do a Hendrix...he didnt turn out too bad, did he?;)

9. abhijitnath

Ermm...uh..yeah.

10. ronnieanand

Same with Tony Iommi and he didn't turn out too bad either :p:

But the baddest of 'em all remains Albert King :p: :p: :p:. He used to play a Right Handed guitar untouched left handed which means the Low E string is in the Bottom :)

11. abhijitnath

Tony Iommi didn't turn around his guitar. His guitar has knobs, jack etc on the correct side for a lefty, the TOM is tilted towards the right side and he didnt have trouble with the cutaway because he plays an SG!!

But yeah..Albert King is interesting.I think Doyle Bramhall II ( Roger Waters' guitarist) also plays a righty Strat left handed.

12. ronnieanand

Initially when Tony Iommi began his guitar career, he couldn't find a left handed guitar within his cost, so he was playing a Right Handed Guitar which was turned but was strung properly for a lefty. Incidentally he met another right hand guitarist who was using a reversed left handed guitar because he couldn't buy himself a new guitar. These two exchanged guitars and it became Tony Iommi's first left handed guitar. Another interesting thing with Sabbath was Geezer Butler was brought in by Ozzy as a guitarist but realizing Tony Iommi was a far better player, Geezer Butler took on to Bass playing. He couldn't afford a bass guitar then, so he changed the Nut and Bridge in his guitar and converted his guitar to a bass. The keyboardist Geoff Nichols was recruited as a Bass Guitarist when Geezer Butler quit before recording Heaven And Hell and when Geezer Butler returned for the recording Geoff Nichols switched to Keyboards and has been a long time member of Black Sabbath as a Keyboardist.

13. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

yeah ..i've seen him playing with SRV and BB King ..
    he actually plays a right handed guitar and that too a Gibson Flying Vee ..haha

loved his voice though

14. sridhar11_2

Albert King is great. Jimi Hendrix's Red House was actually inspired by Albert King (so i've heard..). Jimi spent a couple of weeks with Albert in the country side and its rumored that thats where he got really into blues. I'm guessing Hendrix's V had something to do with Albert King.

15. sridhar11_2

BTW have you heard Oh Daddy - its almost a pop song but the guitar is cool. Also a wierd song is I am what i am

16. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Yup, Doyle Bramhall II plays the righty strat left-handed..saw his performance on Clapton's Crossroads festival DVD..

17. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

I'm gonna be flamed to death for this.....but the shape, the shape disturbs me so :sad:

18. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

I too think that the shape is weird.

19. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

^Yeah, some of the best guitars in the world, and they had to be looking like that....and i had be a guy who gives looks GREAT importance.....the parker and me shall never enter in a holy matrimony...

20. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k