address for tulasi musicals in chennai

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by Ajay_mad, May 10, 2005.

1. Ajay_mad

Ajay_mad New Member

can anybody tell me the address for tulasi musicals in chennai? :rockon:

2. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

3. blackmamba

blackmamba Rocker Monk

Neb: Let me know what it looks like in the end.....do they make good necks? I wanted to get an AANJ backup neck for my JEM ...the new ones cost like more than my guitar...lol!!!

4. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

I had concern on the necks they made. The finishing on the backside of the neck is amazingly smooth. No issues. The Fretboard is good too. But I am not much happy with the way it's fretted. Looks like they have been using slightly harder hammers. So you could feel the fret hammered in a few places. More over the way, the frets fit into the groove on the fretboard is also not impressive. But I am not sure how many guys can do it well.

5. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

hmmm...fretting manually is suppossed to be a difficult job....wen u say it feels hammered in at a few places....is it like.. uneven height?..dents in the fret wire kinda thing?

6. blackmamba

blackmamba Rocker Monk

that's a show stopper!! I was considering buying a non-inlayed fretted neck....hmm...shall think again. There's a guy on eBay that makes Ibanez Wizard-like necks....shall investigate...what about Peter Perriera in Mumbai? Any good?

7. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Fretting the guitar is surely a challenging job. When I said, hammered, you could see hammer marks on some frets. Which are like small dents but wont be easily identifiable. Some of them feel slightly flattened. But it's not uneven or non playable. Tulasi is my main guitar now and I am okay with it.

8. aysh

aysh -|h3 ori9in4| (ui!aris-|-

what are inlays .. are they the markings on the fretboard at the 3rd, 5th, 7th etc frets??

9. blackmamba

blackmamba Rocker Monk

Bingo Nemo!