Acoustic with neck width of an electric?

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by Tube Screamer, Jan 27, 2007.

1. Tube Screamer

Tube Screamer New Member

I'm looking for an acoustic guitar that has a neck width of an electric?

Any model you could recommend?

Thanks in advance!

2. Tube Screamer

Tube Screamer New Member

Just to clarify-

What I meant was that acoustic necks are generally wider than electrics

I was wondering what brand of acoustic guitar in India has a model where the neck width is as slim as an electric

3. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

No brand that I have seen.

4. loyal

loyal New Member

Givsons kiddies ( beginner's ) guitar not sure if they make them any more.

5. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Acoustic Necks are not wider than Electric but fatter than Electric. I have see and played on an Acoustic Guitar with the Electric Guitar kinda neck. It feels and plays much better. Just ask Tulsi to make you one. He has this guitar with him which is pretty nice. Just insist on imported frets. I guess he charges about 5K or so for it. It's really good.

6. TheDevil

TheDevil Ruler of Hell

Almost all the acoustic Steel String guitars have the same width as electrix.....except that nylon stringed guitars are wider .....!

7. thehundredthone

thehundredthone New Member

^ Those are the classical guitars. That's what I started on.

8. Tube Screamer

Tube Screamer New Member

Thanks guys,.

I have a Granada acoustic and the neck width is pretty large almost like a classical ..

9. petermasc

petermasc New Member

yeah borrowed a friends granada for an unplugged gig recently and ended up playing my beat up givson.the granada necks are really fat compared to the givson.try some ibanez models like the talman and the FenderAcoustasonic Stratocaster Electric Guitar

10. Anik8

Anik8 -Starforsaken-

I have a samick acoustic, which is about the same neck width as an electric..strat sort of...chunkyish..not the ibanez types...bought it from dubai a year back...

11. Nouman011

Nouman011 New Member

I played a Takamine acoustic, with a neck that could blow away any electric available in India.