Acoustic Guitar (I plan to buy a new on, need info) - Delhi

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by sodhigagan, Apr 3, 2013.

1. sodhigagan

sodhigagan New Member

Hi all;

I am new here. I have been playing acoustic Givson 215 for some time now. I plan to buy a new Acoustic guitar & I need help from pros around here.

I have been checking online for available brands online. I liked guitars by Yamaha (F370N), Fender (CD60) & a Cort MRE. I don't mind spending upto 20k. Now my queries are as follows:

1. What kind of difference can I expect when I try these in comparison to the Givsons or Kaps (I have played on them)
    2. Which place should I go to buy them? (I stay in west delhi, so Raj Musicals & 7th Chord are closer, any reviews on these shops)
    3. I will try all these before I buy, I will check the sound and the feel of these guitars however any tips by master guitarists in terms what all to check.
    4. How to make sure if the brand being sold is not a fake one?
    5. Any other suggestions?

I am asking too many questions, sorry guys but I don't know where to go to?

2. sodhigagan

sodhigagan New Member

Please help guys

3. sodhigagan

sodhigagan New Member

Hello, knock knock...

Guys please help me; I really need some help, some info. I wanna buy the guitar this Sunday. Please please help.

4. RoMeO_Gguru

RoMeO_Gguru .::idiotic crybaby::.

Jumping from a givson to a 20k guitar like a Taylor or something you'll hardly notice any difference between a 10k and a 20k guitar I was on the same boat and all sub 6k guitars sounded like sh*t all chords bloody sound the same -- only decent one around was Yamaha 310 for which I had to stretch my budget a li'l but budget is no constraint for you -- I reckon first try out entry level spruce top dreadnaught like Yamaha 310 and ibanez sp-- something check bajaao for that -- and then decide also don't weborder without auditioning -- also trust reviews only by you and none other.

Cheers and happy guitarring !!!

5. mymusicmyguitar

mymusicmyguitar Active Member

Dont spend just coz you have the money to spend. Buy a Yamaha F series Acoustic or Walden hawthrone series guitar. Godd build quality and good sound..

6. sodhigagan

sodhigagan New Member

Thanks a lot man

7. sodhigagan

sodhigagan New Member

Thanks man.

I went yesterday; I was in fact trying the Yamaha F 370 N & CE. I loved 370CE. I meant I was willing to spend up to 20k I didn't mean I had to; but you are right. I spent about an hour and a half; at Raj Musicals; nice place; good collection. I asked them to show me a Epiphone Dove as well.

I was confused between Yamaha F370CE and Epiphone Dove. I kept switching for a while. Yamaha was easier to play however it were the strings, they were 10 gauge and the ones on Epiphone were 11. I bought the Done :D

I loved it a tad more. The sound is awesome. I wanted a sunburnt one and I am not a big fan of the color of Dove however I do love the classic mystic rock look it projects. And I bought a kick ass shoulder strap, with skulls on it ;p I know 'vanity'; I just hope I can live up to the guitar. It's an Indonesian made, so was Yamaha & Fenders. I always thought they would be Chinese made. I just hope everything goes fine.

Thank you Rome0_Gguru & mymusicmyguitar.

I have inserted a collage of my new Guitar :)

Attached Files:

8. RoMeO_Gguru

RoMeO_Gguru .::idiotic crybaby::.

How much did you shell out ?

And Congratulations on your purchase and happy guitarring !

9. sodhigagan

sodhigagan New Member

I paid 18800 :)