Acoustic guitar for 4k needed for beginner

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by krrahul, Jan 30, 2009.

1. krrahul

krrahul New Member

hi every1 i m new to this guitar world n m eagerly wanting to join it. As a begginers question i wanna ask u Which acoustic guitar shud i begin with???i can invest anything upto 4000RS..which wud be the best in this range n available in india?? can u guide me as to how to select a guitar???

2. krrahul

krrahul New Member

guys reply as need ur help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. distorted

distorted satan

Chk the beginners forum, u'll get an idea on hw to pik up an acoustic... Fr acoustics, i've alwyz believed in chking fr each n evry peice rather den just picking by a brand name... So take sumbdy experienced with u... see if u r comfortable wid the guitar, the fretboard, action, sound... U myt even get a rly gud peice, thou unknown, fr as low as 2.5k-3k, but u need to know abt guitar fr dat...

4. mad_spartan

mad_spartan New Member

yeah brand does not matter. go to a music store and try out as many guitars as you can and select the best one. also, check for dents, scratches and fret buzz before buying one

5. krrahul

krrahul New Member

thanks 4 ur reply people but, if there is nobody experienced in guitars, to accompany me can i not buy a gud piece??if yes please suggest sme trusted brands within range of
    < 4000Rs n how to select a gud piece???

6. thedisciple

thedisciple New Member

Pluto acoustics r selling like hot cakes...so must be gud.

7. distorted

distorted satan

How to select a gud piece:
    .Chk if its comfortable fr u to hold the guitar in playing position.
    .try n play all d frets to chk fr buzz.
    .action.
    .see what all u can do to rectify the in case the neck bends, ie. The bridge, rod.
    .the sound of the guitar(subject to personal likes)
    .u got a cut fr playing the higher frets.

8. Strings Lord

Strings Lord New Member

Pluto or Granada

Play it yourself u cn atleast play single strings one at a time.
    c which one sounds sweeter 2 u.
    d most important thing 2 chek is if the fretboard is right or not. imean rarely sum are a bit bent(though it wont b visible. guitars of 4k wont hav an excellent quality control ofcourse!) so place a finger on some random strings n frets one at a time n play d note to c if the sound is even. if there is any buzz sound wen u play a note den ask d shopkeeper 2 chek.

9. alienroar

alienroar 6 string fanatic

for around 4 k u can get good granada guitars and they r really good sounding. maybe u can get a GB&A too in that range.