Acoustic-Electric Guitar Purchase Help | Budget: Rs. 25k | Intermediate Level

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by Crazy_Engineer, Apr 17, 2012.

1. Crazy_Engineer

Crazy_Engineer New Member

I'm back to IGT after a long gap and my main aim is to seek opinions and advises on selecting a good quality acoustic-electric guitar. I'm comfortable calling myself an intermediate level guitarist and I'm looking for an acoustic-electric guitar.

After searching and reading reviews online, I'm more inclined towards YAMAHA APX500 model available from Furtados online for ~23.6k. But then, I notice that there's APX500ii model as well. I searched a lot but couldn't find any website that tells me what's the exact difference between APX500 and APX500ii.

I'm open to suggestions on other models I should look at. Also, has anyone bought from Furtados online store? I've bough Digitech RP355 from Bajaoo; but Bajaao doesn't seem to have the APX model. How's the buying experience with Furtados?

Thank you for your time and I look forward to your responses!

CrazyEngineer

2. shubhamAT

shubhamAT New Member

About FurtadosOnline: I have bought 2 small valued items (cable & strap) from there. In the first instance i received the product the next day, 2nd time around it took about 4 days. Their online store looks good to me. So i will rate the experience as positive.

3. Crazy_Engineer

Crazy_Engineer New Member

Thank you for the share, Shubham.

Recommendations, guys? I'm expecting quicker responses #hateWait! :)

4. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

I don't have much idea but look out for some Walden, Epiphone, Takamine models as well...and Furtados seems better than bajaao... they shipped my order on time (ordered just cables though)... depends on the availability of item in their store.. Good Luck

5. mymusicmyguitar

mymusicmyguitar Active Member

Check out Walden Acoustic-Electric. Great tone..Great wood..

Please make sure that the stuff that u r ordering is in stock. U can call up furtados helpline mentioned on the site. They tell u where and in what shop ur stuff is present and how much time will it take for shipping.

Most of the times Bajaao might wont tell u if the stuff is in stock or not..they will always say yes....and they might keep u on hold for a long time untill they get the required product from somewhere. But its a reliable site except for these issues.

Compare the prices on both the sites...I think "Like us on facebiook and get some discount" is going on ...on bajaao..Do check that out..