Accoustic OR Electric

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by krishnaG, Jul 13, 2006.

1. krishnaG

krishnaG New Member

Hello PPL,

I am kind of new to the world of guitar, and have been learning it since a year and a half.
    I have learnt lot of chords lately, and few songs to play too. Currently I have a reynolds guitar(bangaloreans would know better), which sucks.

I want to buy a good quitar(in range of 5000 to 7000 rupees), but am confused whether to buy an Accoustic or Electric guitar. Is it better to go for electric, and will I be albe to still play all those chords for even soft songs/slow songs using electric guitar?
    Please guide me.
    Thanks!

2. aysh

aysh -|h3 ori9in4| (ui!aris-|-

buy urself a good jumbo acoustic guitar .. it'll suit u just fine if soft and mellow songs are ur type .. good luck !

3. krishnaG

krishnaG New Member

thx nemo for ur valuable feedback....I will buy a jumbo accousic guitar.....I am planning to buy one in chennai, as I heard there are good shops there...planning to go there in a months time.....
    Can anybody tell me which shop to buy it from, just in case you happen to know it.
    thx!
    Krishna

4. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Yes you will be able to.
    Ofcourse it will sound diffrrent from an acoustic guitar.

Some people prefer the tone of acoustic guitar, some prefer electric.
    Its you call ultimately.

5. prit_undead

prit_undead New Member

i think u'll like the accoustic btr
    also thr's no point lry going 4 an electric at ur budget coz u hav 2 get an amp as well as a processor
    get urself a good jumbo accoustic nd fit a mic in it if u ever decide 2 go on stage

6. cronix

cronix New Member

^^^^ agreed

7. subbu567

subbu567 New Member

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dear Krishna

I would also advise you to go for a jumbo acoustic...Not that I am an expert,but I also was in a similar situation and after a few weeks I got my self a Yamaha F 310 Jumbo(Costs 6000,with a bag and with a strap)-This piece is really lovely-Many of the tab's I play from IGT sound almost close to original-You check out Rhythm musicals on Residency Road.

Regards

Subbu567

8. krishnaG

krishnaG New Member

thx all for ur suggestions...hey subbu, from where did u get Yamaha F 310 Jumbo? Rhythm Musicals?...i had been there sometime back, but did not see any yamaha...they are supposed to be the best...can u send me a pic of ur guitar, that will help me...thx!!!

9. subbu567

subbu567 New Member

Hi Krishna

I will shortly..Pl send your email id .F310 is generally not displayed...but if you ask they will pull it out form somewhere and give you..exactly that's what they did,in my case....Even Yamaha website mentions Rhythm as their authorised dealer.

Thanks
    Subbu567

10. krishnaG

krishnaG New Member

11. krishnaG

krishnaG New Member

and I guess one can bargain also at rythm.....

12. krishnaG

krishnaG New Member

guys i need your help again ......

I visited couple of shops in b'lore...In veena musicals I saw this J&D guitar with a pickup and equalizer...it costs 6500 rupees....it has rosewood fretboard..and has a white line running thru the back of its box(i dont know the model number).......this guy did not allow me to use a plectrum to play the guitar(but with bare hands it sounded good)

and in another shop(veena musical) i saw a GB&A with pickup priced at 3500 rupees...

I can afford 6500 rupees for J&D, but want to know if its better than the GB&A and if its worth the money...

plz plz reply....I am in a hurry.....

thanks,
    krishna

13. knopfler

knopfler Gear Guru

I think the price you're being charged for J&D is excessive. The price with pickup and equalizer shouldn't cross Rs 5500. Try to bargain. Also, can you find out the model number of the guitar you saw?

J&D (Jack and Danny Brothers) is a chinese manufacturer that exports to USA and several european countries. The quality of these guitars is similar to Granada and Pluto acoustic guitars. it's just that J&D is a little better known since they directly market their guitars under this brand. I had no idea J&D were sold in India....

Speaking of Pluto, they have a jumbo with pickup, equalizer AND digital tuner for Rs 5500. The same guitar without a tuner is available for Rs 4500. If you find a Pluto dealer in Bangalore, try em out!

14. Johny Bravo

Johny Bravo The Boy Genius!

^^ Dude better tell us what is ur budget. What is the max u wanna spend on the guitar? It will help in suggestions.

15. krishnaG

krishnaG New Member

I wil try to find out the model number and let you guys know.....and my budget it about 6k or 6.5k max.....

16. sushpop

sushpop New Member

Same question

My budget is @ 10K can i get some good electric guitar with processor/amp. in this budget. I am looking for shops info in Pune.

17. krishnaG

krishnaG New Member

18. aysh

aysh -|h3 ori9in4| (ui!aris-|-

looks like a pretty good guitar to me .. the cut makes it all the more worthwhile .. given the price, it shudnt sound aweful either :) . bas make sure it does not give a shallow trebly sound . did i help ?

19. krishnaG

krishnaG New Member

thx a ton nemo....i will then go and check it out....thx again...will let u guys know when i purchase it...and will post the pic too ! :)

20. krishnaG

krishnaG New Member

hello guys, I need ur help again.....
    I have sort of made up my mind to buy a Pluto accoustic guitar...

Y'day i checked out one black pluto with a pickup and an equalizer too...
    it was priced at 6500 rupees....but the guy is ready to give it to me for 5500 after bargaining...will try to bargain more and get it for 5000 rupees...

but let me know if its a good buy.....the guitar sounded good to my ears, and has a rosewood fret which feels nice......only thing i am concerned is the fret board color changes from dark brown to light brown as you move up along the length of the fret board...is that oK????? plz comment.....