absolute newbie needs help

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by only_alok, May 10, 2005.

1. only_alok

only_alok New Member

hi all,

I am a software professional based in mumbai . I was always liked Guitar as an Instrument, but never got time to explore it.

But now I have decided and need help of all u ppl out here.

I need to know:

1) Which Guitar to buy ( for a beginner )
    2) From where
    3) Are there any Classes in mumbai suburbs ( I stay at Goregaon)
    4) How much time does it take to play Guitar decently

Thanks in Advance....

:)

2. vini

vini Repeat Offender

ouch! its bad to know that no1 has replied to help u as yet..well..lets see..as im not in mumbai i cant tell u much from where to buy or take classes etc,. but check out if u have YMCA in mumbai..coz i myself learned from der..but not of mumbai ofcourse..else..explore around..now talking abt where to buy guitar from...just find out any from yellow pages..what matters is..the guitar brand..u can try out hobner!..i myself bought givson 125 its a beginner guitar..but trust me..as uL learn more and more..uL get bored of ur beginner guitar..so better get a regular intermediate guitar of hobner/givson...now do u wanna learn classical or spanish guitar?? i would suggest u find out a nice institute they would help u..for everything rest!!..yeah..do that!! find out a nice guitar school or ymca....and rest would be a history!!u would need to be patient while learning..in the course of time uL begin belting out songs on ur own..all the best

tahda!!

3. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

go to the guitar gear talk forum...