About Some Gear Available In Bangalore

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by ronnieanand, May 20, 2005.

1. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Hey Chintan,
    I have played on that Mapex. It's pretty good. Of the Chinese / Taiwan makes, I guess Mapex is the best.

2. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

ill try and find out - i tihnk ill be going to furtados this week...

as far as i know furtados doesnt do any delievery - i mghit be wrong...

ya - 5 metres ismmore than 15 feet btw!!

so a 5 metre cable is more than enough... trust me on that.. i have no use for that stupid 10 metre cable i have

3. chintan9

chintan9 yay! i won the ipod!

4. chintan9

hey ronnie where did u play the drumset? How good is it? It costs around 24k in SB music.

5. ronnieanand

Hey Chinthan,
    I played in Chennai with a friend a year back or so. Mapex pedals are super smooth, the snare was good but the toms were slightly disappointing. Pretty decent cymbals. Excellent spring loaded high hat. It's pretty decent. It's better than the other chinese makes like Peace, DB, etc.. 24K for what configurations.

6. deathdr_87

nonono... its not that... same company but thats a bloody crazy cable - that one costs almst 2000 rupees for 20 feet and has 24k gold tip -

i have another one - a much chepaer one - 400 or 450 for 16 feet....

its also really good - it also hsa the the locking mechanism in which the pinheads lock into the guitar and all.. relaly good... totally lossless....

i like it - its very durable and sounds really good....

totally worth it!

7. ronnieanand

Yeah Death. Even I got confused. The US price seemed much costlier than the Bombay price. Ok it's Rs.2000 and it justifies that India is always costlier.

Damn the American corporates. They make gear with cheap labour from India, China, etc.. pay all those Engineer till labourers in the local currency. Put a White a.s.s American label and sell it us in $$$$$$$$$$$. How unfair. These MG Marshalls are made in India and exported through out the world. Made here locally but cost you as if it's imported from the US.

8. chintan9

Hey deathdr could u send me a link with all the info about your planet waves cable.

9. deathdr_87

nope - these are the cheaper one - doubtr i could fin a link to them - sorry im niot trying too hard over this... just feel too lazy - summer heat....

theyre good - try them out at ur local music store - im sure u can find them there...but theyre gauranteed for life - so if anything goes wrog u can get them replaced..

10. chintan9

How do I know which ones you are talking about. Atleast tell me the model no.
    ABSOLUTELY ANYTHING WILL HELP!

11. deathdr_87

https://www.guitarhoo.com/gearreviews/planetwaveinstrumentcables.shtml

there we go... look at tthe pic - i have the cables on the right - as in the ones that look metallic silver and not gold...

model number: PW-CGT-10 - be warned - this model number might refer to either a 10 foot cable ot a 10 metre cable - none of which ur looking for - the model uwant is the PW-CGT- ull need to specify length while asking for it.

ur welcome for all of this hardwork....

12. chintan9

Thanks Man

13. ronnieanand

Hi,
    I was in Chennai over the weekend. Here are few things about the trip.

1. Pro-Music is reducing their exposure in selling Music Instruments. There was only 1 Yamaha Pacifica Electric and 3 or 4 Givson, Gibtone Acoustic Guitars. When I asked them about their poor stock, they told me that they are changing their focus to selling Recording hardware / software, Home Theater systems and are slowly reducing their exposure in Music instruments. What a sad thing to see such a good music instrment store going off.

2. There's a cable brand called BEPESCO. It's Italian and VIPER cables are from them. The cables are also sold in loose. It costs Rs.55 to Rs.85 per metre and Rs.125 for the pin. It cost me Rs.415 for a 3 metre cable. Came home and soldered it. The cables are amazing. The construction itself is so good and very well shielded. It's pretty clean noiseless with my AMT Fatal Tube turned up on Gain and Drive all the way up, My Chorus On and also the Clean Boost up to a moderate level. That's amazingly clean. VIPER sells at Rs.565 for a 3 metre one. This is a cheaper alternative for that. Consider BEPESCO cables next time you wannt buy good imported cables. Pro-Music had extensive range of ready made BEPESCO cables but most of them cost around Rs.900.

3. Jimi Hendrix Wah and GCB95 Wah are available at Musee Musicals. It Rs.6000+ and Rs.5700+ for these. Didn't try them but now I am giving this info for Chennai guys who might be interested to try or buy.

4. Came back alive !!!! I was at 110 kmph in the Chennai Highway and all of a sudden the cleaner of a lorry who wanted to take a test drive of the van got of the van perpendicular to road in front of me. I thought it was the end of me and luckily I managed to pull off the vehicle just it time, so that the van banged me on my left doors. My doors were badly damaged and window glass broken but I escaped unhurt at that speed. I narrowly escaped hitting him head-on on his side.
    Left the place and I was total shock and was driving to Chennai with a phobia for any vehicle coming in my side. Reached Chennai and picked up my new bunch of gear + my DiMarzio Norton, so that was a console for me to come over the shock. Got the car secretly tinkered and replaced the glass. Just have to get it secretly painted. I retunred back safely in my car, safe enough to try out all the new gear.

14. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

OMG!!....:shock:drive carefully man!...Neways good to hear u made it in one piece.....post some reviews of your new gear soon...

15. ronnieanand

Nebu, how long it's been since you ordered your guitar.

16. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Well..I ordered it on 25th April..he promised 25 days...now its 35 and going....nothing to compare to your wait though:p:

17. ronnieanand

At least I had another guitar with me. It was only for my second guitar that I had to wait :p: :dance:

18. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Hey you dont have to rub it in..:p:..Moreover its gonna come at a bad time..i have to go home in a few weeks and then shift to Bangalore(starting a job there)...dont have money for an amp either...so it will be a few months b4 i get myself any sort of basic setup.... :mad:

19. xulfi

xulfi New Member

Here Is My Pic Of Jackson Dxmg Series Guitar Wid Yamaha Amp And Zoom 606 Guitar Processor...............

Attached Files:

20. ronnieanand

Hey Xulfi,
    It's nice to know that you have a Jackson but that doesn't mean you will have to post it in 20 threads. I have already seen it here in a couple of places.