about gb&a electric guitars

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by metal=heaven, Jan 21, 2006.

1. metal=heaven

metal=heaven New Member

hey ppl help me out..my sis ordered a "gb&a" electric w/o asking me :annoyed: .im a li'l worried coz first of all i ws thinkin tht im gonna buy eithr an ibanez ya kramer.and i dnt think i can compare gb&a electrics wid ibanez/kramer.+iv heard tht gb&a gets out of tune very easily.so guys plz giv me sum info on gb&a!!!!! :help: the worst part is tht my sis doesnt evn no the model.she hust askd 1 f her frnds 2 get a "gud" electric.i'l get 2 try it out on wednesday may-b.if i dnt like it then i can get it changd.(phew!!)
    bt post sum info about gb&a!!!
    thnx!!

2. alex

alex New Member

Hi there is no comparison between ibanez ya kramer and gb&a, gb&a are indian guitars and are good value for money. I own gb&a and its pretty fine if compared with any other indian brands like givson etc... As far as out of tune is considered its knda true but not with all models. So everyting depends on your choice and budget if you are ready to spend more then forget gb&a and go for ibanez ya kramer... :rock:

3. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

GB&A is decent. Make sure you dont go for more than Rs 6000-7000.
    Not worth it.

+ any guitar which doesnt have locking floyd rose bridge will get outta tune one you start using teh whammy bar.

4. prit_undead

prit_undead New Member

i have been playing one one in the stores for 5 hrs over thr last few days
    loved it

5. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

^ Cool.
    When are you buying it? + At what price?

6. prit_undead

prit_undead New Member

i bought it today from the signature showroom in kolkata
    and i have a soundx 20w amp and a digitech RP80 processor to go with it
    its a damn powerful combination
    at least it sounds that way

7. vipin_slash

vipin_slash New Member

Abt GB&a

U cant compare GB & A with Ibanez or Kramer.But Gb&A does'nt get out of Tune so easily, I have one and i have never faced this problem.wats u'r budget...by the way.

8. vipin_slash

vipin_slash New Member

GB&A are Korea made guitars, but a lot of chinese made can be seen.
    U can get it for 5300/- (HSH conf) at Bharat Music House New Delhi.Duno abt
    calcutta.Make sure of the fret board there is a lot of variation in fretborad quality among same model in GB & A (may be it depends on chinese or korean made)....I am using mine with a Digitech RP 80 Proc and it Rocks :)

9. blackmamba

blackmamba Rocker Monk

They are actually not that bad - actually GB&A is a brand of Bhargavas Musik in Mumbai - G is their dad's name - B - Brijesh and A is Ashish. They make these in China and have them imported and marketed as their brand. I know the Bhargavas since many years and they have helped me thin out my guitar collection over the years - played their GB&A - some are brand-name knock-offs but otherwise sound like any other China-made guitar.

jocelyn likes this.
  10. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

^ You might not believe it, but I have seen some Chinese made Ibanez being sold as GB&A with GB&A stickers.

Ofcourse the headstock shape is a dead give away + the fact that GB&A is not branded on the headstock.

11. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

Intresting...... I never knew that... I know GB&A are Chinese made or Korean made ( whatever)...... Ashihs at Bhargavas is very nice, warm and frindly.. the next time I go their I will sure ask himmmm...

12. prit_undead

prit_undead New Member

i've been playing it for close to a month now
    in spite of liberal use of the whammy i'm having to tune it only about once in 3/4 days

13. knopfler

knopfler Gear Guru

There is no question of chinese imitations being passed off as GB&A because GB&A themselves are chinese imitations (strat copies/ibanez copies). They are great value for money if your budget is around 4-6k. Anyone spending more than 9k on a GB&A guitar is wasting his money cause he can get entry-level Squier/Ibanez guitars in that much.

14. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

^ Well but I have seen one in Hyderabad.
    an Ibanez S Series, ebing sold as GB&A, with ofcourse, no name on headstock.

15. prit_undead

prit_undead New Member

mine is korean made
    and its got the name stamped on the headstock

16. aeneas

aeneas New Member

hi

i bought a gb&a acoustic guitar today. previously i was playing wth a hobner. i don't knw whether the choice was gd or bad!!! but the sound is pretty good. i was reading this forum. i was told that gb&a was a korean guitar but now i came2 knw its indian!!! though in my guitar itz written handcrafted guitar from china!! anyway if anyone has any other interesting information on gb&a then plz share wth me becz i am little bit worried about my decision to purchase gb&a as all this was unknown to me

17. flood

flood New Member

gb&a is not korean. if it was korean, it would be a better and somewhat more expensive instrument.

gb&a is a brand owned by bhargavas. GB&A are manufactured by an OEM mass-manufacturing factory in china. you won't find them outside india. gb&a, pluto and granada, for all you know, could be coming off the same production line.

18. insatanity

insatanity New Member

Jimm guitars too...

19. aeneas

aeneas New Member

Many Thx 4 ur information!! but then tell me friends is it a bad choice within a low budget? wat is ur experience wth GB&A ? plz share with me!

20. flood

flood New Member

dunno. gb&a seems to be as good or as bad as pluto from what i can tell. i bought a pluto for 6k and like it so far except for the lousy low end definition - the 6th string is not loud or present, and it's a dreadnought size. otherwise i quite like it. it's not a taylor or martin but at the low price, who cares?

so play a few of them and pick the one that sounds best.