about electric guitars

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by wisevijay, May 19, 2004.

1. wisevijay

wisevijay newbombayrox

hey guys will any one tell me what r the 2 or 3 knobs below the strings of a electric guitar ment 4.and that stick like thing ment 4.think they r called echo,vibrato&floid rose & stuff like that.but what do they do :confused:

2. jayanth

jayanth <.: : Call Quits : :.>

one knob would be for volume. One would be for the Tone (Bass-Treble). The other is not there on my guitars. so i have no idea.. Floyd Rose is a type of bridge which lets you use Whammy without having to lose the tuning.. Echo and Vibrato are Amplifier effects. They have nothing to do with the actual guitar.. The stick like thing is a whammy bar which lits you do lots of pitch variations and weird sounds , etc

3. wisevijay

wisevijay newbombayrox

i had seen the third knob in a fender guitar dont know which.can u change the amplifier settings without leaving the guitar....:confused:

4. jayanth

YOu cant change amp settings from your guitar... Its done either by a foot pedal or a multi effects generator. Go to musician friend website (Tru Google) and find out a lot about gear..

5. wisevijay

wisevijay newbombayrox

ok man.thanx
    is distortion pedal and foot pedal same

6. jayanth

No a foot pedal controls your amp effects. A distortion pedal just distorts your guitar signals..

7. wisevijay

wisevijay newbombayrox

coooooool.......:rule:

8. jayanth

ok A foot pedal just changes your amp effects like Chorus, The Amp drive.. Where as a Multi effects generator, it plays a dummy part and acts like an amp.

9. wisevijay

wisevijay newbombayrox

well whats "acts like an amp".........and only "an amp" :shock:

10. jayanth

A multi Effects Generator.. Acts like an amp.. I hope you know what an amp is.. Its a circuit to Amplify the sound. A Speaker and And Amp are Different. I just hope you know what the difference is??

11. wisevijay

wisevijay newbombayrox

now i understood it........:;):

12. jayanth

Good Boy..

13. wisevijay

wisevijay newbombayrox

no need to say it.........i m a very nice boy ::):

14. jayanth

Ya Right... Beginner

15. wisevijay

wisevijay newbombayrox

16. rabi_sultan

rabi_sultan <Bulla Ki Jana>

The Fender Stratocaster models have three knobs and right next to it a selector switch.

If you notice on the Stratocaster it has three pickups, the five way selector switch chooses between these pickups. I believe that the five positions are:
    1-neck
    2-neck + middle
    3-middle
    4-bridge + middle
    5-bridge

now for the three knobs, the top knob is volume. the other two are tone controls for the selector switch to alter the tone coming from the pickups.

Now the actual bridge on the Fender Stratocaster has a little screwhole on the side of where the jack plug is, your tremelo arm goes in here.

By the way all the other copies of this great guitar have the same layout, they just sound worse :)

17. wisevijay

wisevijay newbombayrox

thanx man:rule:

18. jayanth

jayanth &lt;.: : Call Quits : :.&gt;

What did i say wrong?? :p

19. wisevijay

wisevijay newbombayrox

naa......but u didnt tell what the third knob is 4.

20. jayanth

jayanth &lt;.: : Call Quits : :.&gt;

Cause my electric guitar which is a Professional series guitar has only one.. So i find it not necesary..