Aaaaaaaaaaa Guitar Problem

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by summerboyrocks, Apr 28, 2007.

1. baadshah

baadshah New Member

What could possibly go wrong:
    1. You own a cheap guitar with a cheap truss rod and snap something (its happened to me, but the warranty took care of repairs)
    2. Your guitar is dry. Adjusting the truss rod could cause your already dry fretboard to crack or ripple
    3. You go to adjust the truss rod and can't find it (i dont believe my last guitar had a truss rod, maybe it was a defect or something)
    4. You are indeed a brute with a wrist that rotates more than a hundred and eighty degrees

Look, its a five minute five years job: it takes five minutes to do, but takes five years to understand the technical aspects behind it in order to do it right. Wood is not synthetic...every wood reacts differently with the environment you expose it to and adjusting a truss rod is not necessarily the same for each guitar. Call me apprehensive, but with good reason. one wrong move and your guitar will no longer sound, play or feel the same. My new guitar requires some etching for the first and second string on the nut, but thats another 5 minute 5 year job...it takes five minutes to pry in the notch so the strings sit lower, but it takes five years to get it at the right angle where the strings are sitting in order to produce just the perfect amount of tension to create a consistent sustain and an accurate sound frequency aka note.

2. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

i have several times... tht was exactly what i was saying in the whole thread.. it just sounds complicated but is damn easy...

3. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

Increase the sting action
    if you dont know how google it..

4. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

n change the strings..

5. baadshah

baadshah New Member

Thicker strings...lose the steel strings and replace them with light or medium bronze (if you guys get that down there)