Aaaaaaaaaaa Guitar Problem

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by summerboyrocks, Apr 28, 2007.

1. summerboyrocks

summerboyrocks New Member

Damnnnnnnnn my elec guitar i dunno what has happened to it it was fine but now when i play 2nd fret of all the strings it is making a phau phau sound like a old man coughing while i play 3rd fret its fine...what the heck has happened to my guitar :( i really cant understand

please anyone help me what to do and y is it not sounding anything on 2nd fret and 1st fret and making a phau phau sound like its jam or something :(

alpha1 likes this.
  2. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

adjust the truss rod..

3. angel_of_sin

angel_of_sin bassist.....

guitar making phau phau sounds like an old man coughing..........hahahahahahahahhahah........nice description man....got ur scene right............lol...................try taking it to a professional dont do nething urself u may ruin ur guitar (seriously)..................

4. NFR

NFR Nightfire... X Treme

take it 2 the place frm whr u had bought it...

5. NFR

NFR Nightfire... X Treme

try 2 do it urself and... Wham... u hav got urself a busted guitar..

6. summerboyrocks

NOOOOOOOOOOO i live in jammu and i bought it from delhi Raj musicals

guitar ha worked fine for 5 months but now damn...

what to do...what is that Trus rod ??? plz explain

need more intellectual answers hehehe and uaaaaannnnn my guitarr :(

7. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

this line is applicable for morons like him...
    on the topic.. a truss rod is a rod in your guitar neck tht helps fix a bowed or bent guitar..
    if your guitar has a truss rod, it can easily be fixed.. it sounds complicated but its a very simple task.. you rotate the rod using an allen wrench 1/4 turns at a time.. not more than tht until it alligns perfectly... turn left or right according to the situation.. just dont hurry up, itll work out fine

8. angel_of_sin

@god_of_guitar

everybody is nt da god of guitar lyk u............

bow to thee............

9. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

:RollLol:

Dude, if possible then I would really like to listen to what you say "Phau Phau"

You need to take your guitar to a guitar tech - known as luthier.
    The neck has bent.

Most probably due to the temperature change.

10. angel_of_sin

and tell us just where xactly is dis truss rod present????????????????

11. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Use the various search engines like
    google.com
    altavista.com
    clusty.com
    yahoo.com
    msn.com

12. himika9

himika9 !!!WANNA B ROCKSTAR!!!

the truss rod is in the neck...if u saw ur fret board u can see a metal rod...hopefully u wont try it tho ;)...and "phau phau"lmoa take it to a store and tell them to adjust the truss rod!

13. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

^ Ah so there you are.
    See I was right.

14. summerboyrocks

hurray

Andre ANdre Andre Yappa YAppa YAppa Truss rod idea worked..i loosen the nuts and slam my fist on the 2nd fret and it got 180 degree holaaalaeeeeeee hudaleeeeeeeeeee huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu thank uuuuuu

15. angel_of_sin

^^ no prob dude..........................give god of guitar some reps.......................................................alrigh so i still dint get da truss rod??????? could u send me a pic or sumthing..........................

16. summerboyrocks

17. saurabhrocks

saurabhrocks New Member

try to adjust the truss rod if u really know how to do it.otherwise take it to the shop frm where u bought it

18. baadshah

baadshah New Member

Dude, it takes guts to mess around with your guitar. If you dont know what it is, its better off you dont touch it. Truss rods are the bearers of the incredible amount of tension six strings create along the neck of the guitar, and if you screw something up, most likely you wont be able to fix it. In some cases, its better to be safe than sorry.

19. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

what guitar do you have btw?

20. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

LOL
    all this apprehension about truss rod !!!

Has anyone here actually adjusted his guitar's truss rod?

There very few things that can go wrong while adjusting it. And unless you are a brute, who gives the truss nut such a twist that the threads jam, or you have a motorized device that is going to drive.

The nut adjustment is very slow and small. Even Half turn would produce only few mm of change.

Now tell me what can actually go wrong, before you come to know about it.