A Tribute to Kishore

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by vishwa_81us, Oct 3, 2005.

1. vishwa_81us

vishwa_81us Banned

Dear All,

This thread is dedicated to the Legend Kishore Kumar.. and his fans.. Lets pause a bit.. and remember his great songs.. What we will do here is list out what according to us.. are his top 10 songs.. ( and rate them 1 to 10 ) and anything else u want to share about him.. anything we want to remember.. lets remember the legend..

my top 10 :

1> Woh shaam kuch ajeeb thi

2> Mere naina sawan bhado

3> Hazar rahien

4> Main shayar badnam

5> Rim Jhim Gire sawan

6> Mere dil mein aaj kya hai

7> Aane wala pal

8> Mere mehboob qayamat hogi

9> Aisa kabhi hua nahin

10>Chala jaata hun

vishwa :cool:

2. $cReWdR!veR

$cReWdR!veR .:: Sweetheart ::.

ek ladki bheegi bhaagi si
    mana janab ne pukara nahi
    pyaar diwana hota hai
    yeh shaam mastani
    roop tera mastana
    tum bin jaoun kahan
    yeh dil na hota bechara
    chingari koi bhadke
    o mere dil ke chain....

3. bobbit_uncut

bobbit_uncut Banned

Instead giving a tribute to Kishore Kumar, I think u should be giving tribute to the Music Director for those songs.

4. vishwa_81us

vishwa_81us Banned

dear.. why not kishore ? do u think any other singer could have done better than Kishore in these songs.. i agree music means a lot.. but when it comes to singing.. one needs a voice that can vibrate with the notes.. a heart which can feel the song.. more than just guitar.. sitar.. pianos.. flutes or watever.. most of these songs of kishore were directed by R.D.Barman and S.D.Barman.. without them these hits were not possible.. but when it comes to singing Kishore still rocks in our hearts atleast mine....

i missed one song in that list.. Khafa hun Khafa hun... from movie Bemisal..

5. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

2 songs..

badi sooni sooni hai
    o maajhi re..

6. bobbit_uncut

bobbit_uncut Banned

Please dont insinuate that Kishore Kumar was a better singer than Manna Dey, Mohd. Rafi, Sehgal, and the likes.

7. vishwa_81us

vishwa_81us Banned

if u talk about voice then each name u mentioned r no doubt gr8 singers.. but they belong to a totally different voice category.. manna dey having a classical touch.. rafi totally different low pitch voice.. and u know Kishore da was a big fan of K.L.Sehgal.. u can't compare coca cola n pepsi.. star tv n sony tv.. they are different each having their own style.. but when it comes to singing style.. i will 100% say no one was n still no one is better than Kishore Da..

just listen the song tum bin jaon khan.. both kishore n rafi has sung this song.. u will understand why my fav is kishore..

8. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

if the thread is about kishore kumar...post his stuff....if you enjoy others more than him create a diff thread

9. bobbit_uncut

bobbit_uncut Banned

pls, the Rafi one is the most popular, and better too.

and Wizard, go n take a hike, and stay in your magical wonder world

My concern was only that vishwa u are crediting singer for the songs, wheras all the songs u mentioned are pop due to their music - a lions share of recognitiuons should be given to the Music Director

10. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

and y the fuk are u in a Kishore thread if you dont like him....stfu

11. bobbit_uncut

bobbit_uncut Banned

erm ... what is stfu? :think:
    and would u please try it yourself b4 asking others? :mad:

12. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

13. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

Stop the flamming, Now!

14. .:SpY_GaMe:.

.:SpY_GaMe:. New Member

@ neo spamming spot has moved from c chat to other post counting forums lolz

well for the topic i believe kishore was a great singer but a poor actor lolz

some of the best songs

15. vishwa_81us

vishwa_81us Banned

i m really surprised and shocked to find out that we have very few IGTians who love kishore's voice..

16. deepestshabz

deepestshabz New Member

tribute to Kishore Kumar

17. n2o

n2o New Member

Guys,
    Listen to the songs sung by Kishore and the other singers and you would fine the difference vide the popularity of the song viz.
    Hamein tumse pyar kitna - Kishore and Praveen Sultana
    Zindigi ek safar hai suhana - Kishore and Asha
    Mere nayan saawan bhado - Kishore and Lata
    Tum Bin - Kishore and Rafi
    Agar tum na hote - Kishore and Lata

-- to name a few!

All other Maestros are cherished by a particular class, but Kishore is favourite of Everyone...
    But, every individual is entitled for his own taste....Don't skirmish....
    Enjoy the melody and keep rocking..... dudes
    H N Y

18. elfascinating

elfascinating risqué

No one mentioned "Tere mere milan ki yeh raina" yet?

:O