A tribute to Dr. Rajkumar -- and the situation in bangalore

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by ats, Apr 13, 2006.

1. ats

ats Oldie

Since yesterday, the whole of karnataka has been plunged into grief, upon the news of the sad demise of their beloved Dr. Rajkumar, "Annavaru" or "Big Brother" as people used to lovingly call him.

I being an alien in bangalore have just stared in awe at the turn of events since yesterday afternoon. People were out in the streets mourning. Police used Tear Gas to disperse mobs at palace grounds, where the body of Dr. Raj was kept. Women came out on the streets crying like they had lost one of their own. The huge respect that this man carried in the hearts of all kannadigas is beginning to dawn on me. The amount of grief being expressed has stunned me. Hard to believe this guy was a movie star. The people here hold him next to God.

The flipside of all this is that some unruly elements, typically belonging to some obscure political outfit, who want to use this opportunity to register their presence, have wreaked havoc in the lives of common people. Almost riot like situations have broken out in many parts of the city. There is chaos and violence in the streets. One of my friends is in a hospital. He was caught in one of these incidents at a typically heavy traffic crossing last evening. His bike and laptop were damaged beyond repair, and he was stabbed twice. Though I would want to go and visit him in the hospital, I cannot because of the situation in the city.

All shops are closed. There is no place people can go to buy their basic neccesities like food and water. Its not because the shopkeepers don't want to, its because of some antisocials who have threatened to break everything in their shops if the owners attempted to do so. Cable television has been shutdown. People are being advised not to go out into the streets.

I have been surviving on rice and dal since last evening. God knows how long this situation will continue. Grief is undestandable, but this unruliness and harrassment of the common man is not.

Dr. Raj would have been ashamed had his "spirit" been around to see what his followers are doing.

May his soul rest in peace.......

Ats

2. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

:RollLol:
    Exactly the reason why India is such a crappy country.

The only way to counter such g00ndas is to provide ammunition to all citizens without any restrictions.
    Like in US.

Muthafuckas make use of the fact that an Average Indian is dead coward and wont even bother to think about countering him.

You are also one of those average. Live upto reality. You will be squashed and smothered again n again. Start enjoying it.

3. ats

ats Oldie

^^^^Your thoughts are very very enlightening .... I must admit ....and aren't you the next big (and BRAVE) revolutionary thing !!!!

4. vishalj

vishalj Banned

The first thing I said after watching it on the news: What fu-cking idiots

5. slash_i_m

slash_i_m Laid to Rest

this is bad and sad and the dumb fukin nutheads and so called fans started the violence shit.

6. sanju_strings

sanju_strings 50 Pai$e <3V/S<3 50 CeNt$

gud ppl lyk raj kumar shud die normal death thnk god he din die wen he was kidnapped by veerapan

same with bal thackrey he shud die normal death or else ppl will do same in mumbai

hope raj kumars soul rests in peace he was da best person who brought fame to my state karnataka:rock:

ppl who r rioting r idiots tht all i can say :mad:

7. vishalj

vishalj Banned

The Shiv Sena won't care how Bal T. dies, they'll riot because thats all they know.

8. apurbajd

apurbajd ~#$&*$@*^$

Its a shame!

In my last few years of stay here in B'lore I have realized how people here love and adore Dr. Rajkumar. He was more than an icon as people here literaly idolised him. But I fail to reason the violence that started ater his death. Is that the way to express your grief? 5 persons have bn killed so far including a policeman, hundreds of vehicles torched... That is utter disrespect to the great man....... a few insane people have brought shame and bad name to Bangalore for sure...

9. slash_i_m

slash_i_m Laid to Rest

^^ evrything is the politics shit.they jus wait for an oppurtunity.

10. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Yeah and we, the common man just twiddle our thumbs and either talk to ppl around us condeming the rowdies or post in such forums.

What a loser we the Indian public is.

11. vishalj

vishalj Banned

Next time there's someone with an AK-57 on the streets during a protest/riot we can safely assume it'll be alpha1

jamhead likes this.
  12. rahulp

rahulp **Fallen Angel**

The situation sucks! Maybe if alpha1 does manage a revolution, there would be a desparate need of that. Bloody ignorant, uncultured and pathetically decadant is what Indian society has become.. thanks to the average mentality. Those who've nothing to do start scre**** up for nothing, and those who don't like it don't do anything!!

@ats.... i hope you get out of your house arrest soon.. and get something decent to grab a bite.. i know how it is not being a localite and getting stuck in such ruts.. tc.

13. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

hehe. seeing this, i'm eagerly awaiting rajinikanth's death (and a paralell telugu star's). Hi tech hubs right?

I dont know how people watch and enjoy these cheese filled movies.

14. rahulp

rahulp **Fallen Angel**

^^Hmm.. we'll have high tech rubble then!!!

15. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

wotflmao !!

16. satch_attack

satch_attack New Member

well..one great star ( ahh.not actor) dies ..and 5 ppl get killed .

the equation is bloody brilliant ...frow wat i saw
    INDIA WILL NEVA BECOME A DEVELOPED NATION ....not even in the next 1000 years ...I mean ..in which other country do ppl kill other ppl in the name of grief just becuz an actor died ..i mean come on ..everybody has to die sometin ..its not like any1 is gonna live for foreva..but no ..these bangalore fools think they otherwise !!...

and alpha1..if u ever intent to take a AK47 to the bangalore roads ..call me man..i il gladly join u and shoot those motherfcin bastards ....we il c who gets more frags .then we can blame it on CS and valve !!!!

17. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Kalasnikovs suck.

I would prefer Heckler n Koch MP5 for machine pistol.
    FNFAL Carbine for assault rifle.

Besides, I would use it against rioteers. (Ofcourse, I might also become one)

18. vishalj

vishalj Banned

Thank you for that valuable info.