A song written by me

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by charisma, Jun 12, 2011.

1. charisma

charisma New Member

2. Keoraf

Keoraf Keyboard Player

It's sounding pretty well, actually i think its a good composition.
    It's again the higher parts your vocals are not being controlled very well, so thats something you really have to work on!
    The strumming pattern seems to be same one you used in your "chahta kitna tumko dil" song, try to change your rhytm, some more variations maybe.
    Overall, it is a decent composition and i think you should be proud of!!!
    Take care pretty girl!

3. charisma

charisma New Member

Thx Keo for ur commnt.. ok al try to improve.. and the idiot I am.. i dint evn realise that capo ws on 3rd.. when i shud hv been on 2nd! I nrmally sing that song on 2nd.. which ws scale for I nrmally sing.. When i watched the video i saw capo ws on 3rd.. *sighs

Well its nt really the same rythm..this one is just up-dwn-hit the upper strings.. and its the 1st time i actually tried picking..av nt been playing since long.. so am still learning chords.. i hardly evr try picking..my fingers dnt move fast enuff yet..

Nxt song I'll write I will try a cmpletely different rythm :) Thx a lot for ur feedback ^^

4. Morbid_Angel

Morbid_Angel Sid the sloth

it's very nice :) at this stage any composition should be taken as an achievement, and this one really sounds good !

i also like your hair. which city are you from again? :grin:

5. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

6. charisma

charisma New Member

HUH.. u dnt evn remmber where I'm frm.. and bare aye shaadi ke liye propose krne wale :p
    I'm a Mauritian baaka! am nt from india..

@Bjr.. thx for the link.. its a really cool song.. I'm loving it..I can try to do a cover.. but pehle pata to chale chords kya hain iss gane ke 0_o

7. Morbid_Angel

remember? how do i remember it when you had never mentioned it in the first place ! or did you?

either way..shucks :p

8. charisma

charisma New Member

@Bjr.. 5times..:D *clicks play again..

@Morbid.. When I introduced myself the 1st time.. I mentioned it :p When super admin said he ws goin away for a few days.. tum logon ke ansoun ponchte wakt, I told u.. I'm from Mauritius ;)

9. Morbid_Angel

so do you ever visit india or will i have to come there? ;)

10. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

I first heard this song when a girl covered it at a B-school contest. She won hands down and her voice was purer than the sun. Turns out Lionel Neykov isn't really famous. This song was only used for a few commercials in Spain and otherwise, not many people know this song which is wrong in my opinion because it's such a great song.

The chords seem pretty simple.

Am F G Am F G Am CaddF# Fmaj7 E7

(To play a CaddF#, play a C and then instead of your 2nd finger, use your 4th finger on the D string..the video should show you how to do it)

11. Keoraf

Keoraf Keyboard Player

Sometimes it's better to sing a song close to your limit, when talking about the notes. The higher parts is sung good, so the scale isn't the problem as you are able to sing the higher notes. Its just a matter of controlling your voice when singing the higher notes, and that you just have to practise alot to get it done.
    In my opinion you are a good singer, you own a good voice, its just a matter of training and training, to improve your singing capabilities!

12. parth bajaj

parth bajaj New Member

nce gud 1 keep it up

13. charisma

charisma New Member

Ok point noted Sir ;)

But ek problem hain.. I dont get to practise much. As u probably hrd in my song.. lol I get scolded when i practise at nite.. lol.. my parents find my music nothing but noise..lol..I wrk during the day.. so hv to wait for weeknd to really practise.. but then guitar practise and violin takes all my time..

@Bjr
    Is there official version of it? Did he evr record it?

@Morbid
    Ajao.. kagaz ki kashti main :p

14. charisma

charisma New Member

@ BJR
    Replay again again again.. THX so much for this song ^^

15. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

haha, I'm glad somebody likes the song nearly as much as I do! He's got some other nice songs as well. Check him out on myspace.

Fuze Artz

You'll find a mention of Lionel Neykov on this page and a slightly more professional version of the song...with drums and horns and guitar licks. I think this might be the official version.

16. harmonizer

harmonizer The Son of the Moon

its really worth huge round of applause ...... y dont u look 4 a studio?

17. Keoraf

Keoraf Keyboard Player

You don't have to "Sir" me, its just Keoraf!

18. charisma

charisma New Member

@harmonizer..
    Its such a small place here.. kahan dhundu studio.. and i thnk its too early.. I have been playing for hardly 5mnths. I need sme years training..lol

@Keoraf
    Ok Keo.. ;)