A song about my childhood - original blues

Discussion in 'IGT Soundtrack - Your Band, Your Gig, Your Music' started by aryasridhar, Dec 3, 2012.

1. aryasridhar

aryasridhar New Member

2. aryasridhar

aryasridhar New Member

wow......29 views......no comments...

3. Somu_Hardrock

Somu_Hardrock New Member

Okay, I'll leave my thoughts in two sections : Please choose the one you like... :Tongue2:

Sugar-Coated-Version : Nice attempt.. Pretty Good...

Honest, Hard-to-swallow truth : You already know the good things about the mix... The instrument recordings were good.. But VST, i guess? right? If not, I'm REALLY Impressed.. If VST, even then I'm very happy to see someone using the tech so well.. And of-course, that is well beyond my capabilities...

The Bad parts.. (as I felt)
    * Basic melody borrowed from 12 bar blues. Consequently, the bass line (walking bass) , drums and other instruments in the background were NOT new at all, or exciting or stimulating.
    * Uncompressed Vocals in the mix made it feel like there was no soul in the song. Strange how the same attention (as in the case of instruments) was not paid to vocal recording/mixing.
    * Lead guitar was uncontrolled.. I mean to say, licks were good/standard, but execution was comparatively poor.
    * Vocal throw was a little off and went outta pitch sometimes..
    * Lyrics needed to be more creative or something.. :p:

Sorry in advance if this in some way offends or saddens you..

Anyways, a wonderful attempt, which is more than most people here on IGT can claim..
    Cheers Mate, :beer:

4. aryasridhar

aryasridhar New Member

@ Somu_Hardrock _ Hey Thanks for the feedback man :)

I agree with you on the vocals bit, I think it was off and the mix should have been better, which i will work upon and will make some changes.......Yes guitar was done using VST's.........For the backing track, I had a hard time making one myself as I don't have a MIDI KB and that makes it real tough to program a good backing track.....I wish i could have made one myself......But i sure will do it soon......

I will redo the entire song, where even the backing track/bass etc are done by me...
    Lyrics being creative......I could have done a little more with the lyrics, but then i thought why not just put it in simple words......hence the outcome :)

5. Somu_Hardrock

Somu_Hardrock New Member

Oh!! Anyways, which DAW software did u use? And VSTs?
    And about KBs, I know Exactly what u mean.. I've been making drum beats and bass lines on Guitar Pro 6!
    Now that's hard (& useless :p:) work... I also consequently end up making smaller parts while creating my own stuff..
    Once the midi's doen, however, i use Addictive drums/ EZDrummer [drumkit from hell] with Cubase.. works like a charm...

6. aryasridhar

aryasridhar New Member

For guitars i used Logic Pro with Guitar Rig 5......Probably one of the best sounding Guitar amp simulator out there.....
    For vocals i had used the Scarlett Comp and Reverb.......