A solo by me ;)

Discussion in 'IGT Soundtrack - Your Band, Your Gig, Your Music' started by notty_lad, Jan 13, 2006.

1. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

hmm .. I doubt if this would impress da gals bjr :p:

2. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Neither do covers :p:

3. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

^^^Well Da gals here won't really agree wid dat how unfortunate :p:

4. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

One of the few things we agree upon. This calls for a toast.

Yes, unfortunate indeed. That is pretty much the problem with the music scene in the country and it does reflect in the forum too.

5. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

^^^:beer: .. but hey .. everyone has a different mentality .. ur too analytical .. others juz revel music .. diff people diff taste .. so u can't say its a "problem" wid music scene .. anyway .. cheers :p:

6. abhijitnath

abhijitnath Fighting GAS frantically

Not all pentatonic scales are the standard blues scale. A pentatonic scale is simply one that has five notes. There are at least 15 Indian ragas that have only 5 notes and none of them sound like the blues scale.And there a distinctly Chinese-sounding pentatonic scale that is used a lot by Marty Friedman and Jason Becker.

7. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

LOL
    He said Am pentatonic. So naturally I took it as the normal rock/blues pentatonic derived from aeolian mode. (1,b3,4,5,b7)

Pardon my assuming/presuming nature.

8. abhijitnath

Arre chill. Not fighting with you, baba...at least not all the time:)!!

9. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

LOL

Correct.

Make love not war.

10. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

@alpha .. he's busy fighting wid "GAS" as his title says .. so he doesn't have da strength to fight wid ya :p:

11. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

No. Different taste would refer to people liking different genres of music. The "problem" (I only put it in quotes because you did....I have no idea why the quote unquote feature is relevant here) with the music scene that I refer to is not enough respect for original material regardless of genre unless it is coming from a source which is mainstream. The fact that the same trend is present in what is essentially a musicians community is what disheartens me.

As for revelling in music, I can only revel in music I'm enjoying. I'm analyzing your music to try and make you (and myself) understand why I'm not enjoying your music enough to revel in it. If you don't want me to analyze your music, fine. I'll just give you my opinion on whether I liked it or not and that's all....so far what I wrote was just my attempt at constructive criticism which most people here have seemed to invite and welcome.

So I retract all my statements, apologize for any misgivings you might have with my way of constructive criticism and issue a fresh one:

I did not like your solo.

12. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Notty: he might be busy fighting GAS, but I am already low on GAS, and fighting myself. :cry1:

BJR: whatever happened to subtlity?

13. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

It lives on in your heart and mine....but is best not wasted :rock:

er... :p:

14. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

@bjr .. yeah bud .. ur right .. not enuff respect comes for original music unless its mainstream .. u proved dat ;) .. i liked ur analysis.. but da only thing i didn't like is dat u wan't everythin to be kick ass guitarin n perfect .. wen rather wat u should understand is dat i'm playin since juz 6 months .. n u fail to realise da efforts put behind .. ur too technical, skeptical etc(i'm not juz sayin coz of this particular threads but also considerin ur other posts) .. n people love to sing wat they like .. hence da covers .. its completely fine .. U got me wrong .. but if u wanna continue givin feedback on muh posts i would really appreciate that ..

n regarding ur last line u didn't like da solo .. who cares anyway .. dat wasn't meant for u n nor does muh soloing depend on ur liking :p:

15. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

At least back your statements with logic. How did I prove that? A wink smiley is not logic.

I don't really know but as far as I can remember, this is one of the very few threads of yours that I've replied to with feedback and it really isn't upto you to play nanny to my posts. As for my posts in other people's threads, from what I've seen, most people do not seem to mind or at least do not voice their dissent. If they do, I usually try and stay clear of their threads as I will try to with your other ones.

As for efforts behind the music, did you even once think about the effort behind the criticism? You think it's easy critiquing other people's work? Why don't you try constructive criticism for a change? Considering that I had to listen to something I did not like about 10 times continously, I should think that my effort in listening and pin-pointing things was just about as much as your effort was in recording it. Also add to it the mental stress of trying to word it in a way that would not offend you (god knows that effort went out of the window right?). Where is the appreciation for that effort? I didn't expect that appreciation but if you expect appreciation for your effort, you might want to give some in return.....and as far as I can remember, you wrote that hypocrisy was a turn off in the CC lounge thread?

If you're posting online on a forum just to earn the appreciation of people....oh well, your choice. However, in that case, be sure to write in bold capslocked text in every new thread "THE OBJECT OF MY POSTING THIS RECORDING IS TO EARN THE APPRECIATION OF MY FELLOW MEMBERS. PEOPLE WHO ARE TRYING TO HELP ME IMPROVE PLEASE REMEMBER THAT APPRECIATION IS A MUST NO MATTER WHAT ELSE YOU MIGHT FEEL" and I assure you that I will try to stay away from your thread if I read a disclaimer or warning of this sort or if I do post, the only words I shall say are "Great work, reps fo you" and follow it up with a post saying that I must spread reputation before giving to you again.

That just about sums up the sadness that is your attitude towards criticism....and the smiley is a sad reminder that my question in the CC lounge regarding it is still unanswered. Alas!

Edit: er.... :p:

16. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

^^^well .. i had said 3 thanks for ur analysis in muh first post .. i also said dat i'l really appreciate ur feedback in muh last post .. donno y ur gettin high .. anyway .. fools argue .. n da only way to stop an argument is to avoid it .. so i'l juz stop here ..

17. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

And even I had said "Good job" in my post so the appreciation was there. So where do we stand now?

and thank you for ending this, I would not have.

18. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

I know dat :)

n I also know i'm still gonna remain da one in ur list for da category of ...
    Da person u hate da most : :p: .. isn't it .. in da CC lounge thread ..

19. abhijitnath

I see that you didn't keep your promise of ending it there.
    Now kindly stop this juvenile bickering.
    And while you're at it, get a 'Notty-language'-to-English translator.
    It's a pain in the ass trying to comprehend your sentences.

20. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

LOL
    True.

Notty mere potty, that "muh" sounds like you were out to say "my" but someone punched/kicked you in your solar plexus.