A solo by me ;)

Discussion in 'IGT Soundtrack - Your Band, Your Gig, Your Music' started by notty_lad, Jan 13, 2006.

1. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

zoomingrocket likes this.
  2. zoomingrocket

zoomingrocket TeChNiCaL AdMiNiStRaToR

Beautiful...
    All together a different taste....
    Keep it up!

REgards,
    Zooom..!!

3. Najjy

Najjy New Member

Gr8 solo boss

4. slipknot_555

slipknot_555 RuHH..

nice acoutic sound..

5. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

man dont post ur recording everyday

its tough giving reps

6. vini

vini Repeat Offender

splendid job man!!

really commendable

will u teach me penta scale? :p:

7. Bleeding Guitar

Bleeding Guitar New Member

Good work bro keep rocking
    laterz.

8. guitarangela

guitarangela gran'ma

good work buddy, keep it up :beer: ;) ........but can't rep ya......need to spread more....if u r gonna post this kind of good stuff always, how can we rep u..... ;)

9. J.J

J.J The Guitar God

hmm...i like the part where u play the scale and come right back to ur base scale note...gud...keep it up

10. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Thank You. Covers are okay for the initial comparisons or when you're looking for help while doing a particular songs but in my opinion, original compositions are where we should be judging our talents.

As for the solo, it's not great....but hey, you've got to start somewhere. You have the right idea setting a small groove before you actually start soloing.

In terms of refining your ability, you have a long way to go.

a) Work on your bends. Your bends weren't going as far as they should have so you were ending on notes that sounded a little off....if you're ending on a note like that, you shouldn't hold it for longer than a split second. Make sure you're using your other fingers to support your finger when you're bending. That makes it a lot easier.

b) I actually giggled when I heard the slides.....the idea was certainly good but the execution was not. If you're repeating a slide, you have to make sure you get the exact same starting and ending points sounding clearly.

c) Work on the smoothness. Right now the flow just isn't there. Your solo does not really mix well with the rythm.

d) You're much better when the arpeggios come in. Enough said.

e) Your transition from the groove to solo and back is quite good....you're not having problems changing back and forth and that is a big advantage.

Overall, it reminded me of a typical Ventures song and thats a good thing. You need to work on technique but nothing except practice is ever going to sort that out. Good job.

11. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

It would've sound great on a Bass guitar.

PS: pentatonic scale is not a chinese scale. Atleast I dont think any of the hard-rock and classic rock d00ds have the oriental feel in their music.

12. faraz khan

faraz khan Fkay'zzz .......GoNe MaD!

i m downloading!

13. Quadrophenia

Quadrophenia Member

pentatonic is a rock scale. junoons dosti solo is in Am pentatonic :D

14. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

Hey .. I am back from bombay .. quite some feedback here .. k ..

Thanx buddiez .. Thanx Everyone for their feedback ;)

@wizzy .. its k man .. i won't wait to put up juz for reps yaar :p: .. n u may gimme reps later for da same thing can't u :p: ..

@vini first time u've been so generous in ur words for muh recording .. n y not .. i'l teach ya ;)

@bjr .. nice to see such a big post from u .. thankies for ur detailed feedback(seems ur too hard hearted n a staunch critic :p:)
    Slides were completely fine according to me .. started ended properly .. n i donno y u giggled :p: .. but yeah .. certainly da idea was to do somethin different .. anyways thanx again .. i'l keep ur suggestions in mind :) .. n boy a special thanx for ur appreciation in da end "GOOD JOB" which i feel is rare from u .. be it whoever haha :p: ..

@alpha1 and Quad thanx ..n UFF!!! I know its a ROCK scale fellas .. its juz dat da notes in dat scale sounds "CHINESE" .. dont they ?? so I call them chinese :RollLol: .. Its got nothing to do wid China in reality rey :p:

15. vini

vini Repeat Offender

Yeah..plz do!
    iL wait :grin:

16. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

LOL
    Well that chinese thing is purely subjective.

bjr i know why you giggled.
    Notty, the slides as such were good. But teh way they were implemented was not very inspiring. That's probably what bjr meant.

d00d you gotta listen to Rock/Blues/Jazz music more often. Then you will get what I am talking about.

17. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

Alpha .. Nopes .. no rock .. no jazz .. i'l prefer being funny wid muh solos hehe :p: :p:

18. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

hah, god knows people get enough praise.....it is the critics who are in shortage.

Dude, If I praise someone....I really want it to mean something. I'm not free with praise. It would be the easiest thing for me to write "Great job, reps for you" for every post you make and it would take a lot less time than my actually listening to your solo carefully and trying to figure out what you're doing wrong or right....but my way at least someone might feel extra happy if I praise them in a rare moment and it might actually mean more than it would otherwise and my criticism might help someone spot something they're doing wrong that they might have missed earlier.

And I really don't mind being thought of as hard hearted as long as I'm being consistent.

anstrangelover likes this.
  19. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

^ goes well with the MACHO image

*tongue in cheek*

20. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

hush, you! :')